possible OC at 34weeks?

orangefish

Reaction score
Im 34 weeks with my second child.
Im feeling very run down right now and for two days now, ive noticed some itching.

Last night it was like my belly was on fire - I had to itch it soooo much that I woke with tiny blood dots due to blood raising to the surface of my skin (on bump)

Then through out the day ive noticed some itching on my hands, feet, back and scalp.

Not sure if im imagening it. Its not severe, just mild at the moment. Does OC start of mild?

Will be seeing midwife monday x

Hi

I started itching at about 34 weeks too. Mine was quite intense for a week on back, scalp and stomach, but has since become very mild.
Had a blood test the week i started itching which came back that my bile salt levels were high so was sent to local maternity assessment unit to be monitored.
It was confirmied i have OC have had weekly blood tests and scans since.
All ok, but just want me and baby to be monitored.
Im due on Sun 6th Feb but im booked in to be induced on Weds as they dont want me to go over due date, i believe this is normal for people who have OC.

Hope this helps x

Thank you for your reply.

I wish you both all the love and best wishes for your induction.

Spoken to the midwife -she has said she'll do the tests but because its not severe on my hands and feet, she doubts it is OC.

Glad I read your post and if it gets worse, Ill stand my ground.

Take care

No problem.

My midwife said exactly the same, i pushed for the blood tests, so glad i did.

Been for last scan today before induction everything ok.

If you have any questions please dont hesitate to contact me.

Take care x x

Glad everything is ok for you. What flavour is your little bundle?

My results will take up to 5 days once she's taken blood. It's not severe but it all starts when I sit down to relax of an evening.my feet and hands get really hot and tight. Luckily we have hard flooring through out the house, so keeping them on the cold floor calms them down.
The scalp and back is the worst part for itching at the moment .

Thanks again x

Oh :hugs: hope your results come back asap! It sounds really uncomfortable for you.

i have oc with this pregnancy and i had it with my son also. i noticed the severe itching of hands and feet with both from about 26wks and im on daily meds and weekly monitoring. i was induced at 37.4wks with my son but this time they arnt inducing me, there leaving it to come naturaly as my hospital have changed the rules now and dont believe its neccessary to be induced anymore. im a little nervous

We're on team yellow. So excited cant wait to meet him/her. Although a bit anxious about being induced!!

I really feel for you with the itching its not nice at all. Hopefully it will ease off for you in the next few weeks. x

I'm not surprised that you're nervous. You have every right to be induced under these circumstances, I'm sure.

X

That would be nice :) I made my belly quite sore one night from itching.

Good luck with your delivery. I'm being induced at 38wk anyway due to server spd and depression. But watch this space on the blood results too :)

My sister had it with her first pregnancy, but not second. I didn't have it with my first, just this time x

Hi tadan

How are things for you these days? :)

Xx

Hello lovely! Things are good! Everything seems to be going nicely.. apart from the not sleeping :haha: preparing me for when she's here I reckon! Apart from this possible OC how are you feeling?

Not great I'm afraid. It seems like one problem after another at moment. I'm suffering with depression, but luckily I knew the signs as I had pnd with my first born so am getting support. And hubby couldn't be looking after me any better than he is :)

Now it's the itching! Driving me crazy :)

Placenta has moved too which is good xxx

Ohh no :hugs: I'm glad you have good support and that's so good that you recognised it yourself :)
How far along are you now? (I forget when people don't have tickers to remind me ;-) lol) And when are you having these bloods taken? I hope things get sorted soon :hug:

Oooh that's good! Mine too! :D

35weeks today. Being induced due to the depression and spd at 38wk but maybe sooner. I'll get blood results fri hopefully. I'm sat here now itching my legs like mad :-(

please may i ask a stupid question? Whats oc?

Not a stupid question at all.
Here is a link:

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/complications/obstetriccholestasis/

Its something we're not familiar about with pregnancies until we have it! But such a serious matter

x

many thanks,interesting reading! Sorry for those suffering.

35weeks today. Being induced due to the depression and spd at 38wk but maybe sooner. I'll get blood results fri hopefully. I'm sat here now itching my legs like mad :-(

Ohh i see. Ah right, I hope they come before hand, the sooner you know the better! When you are sufferring like that every day sooner counts right? Let us know how it goes, and I hope my brain doesn't let me forget (I'm hopeless these days) because I shall try and keep an eye out for your posts. :hugs: Take care!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->