Possible pregnancy and toxoplasmosis advice?

Quilly

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new and looking for some opinions...

My husband and I are trying for baby #1. I don't know if I've been creating symptoms out of anticipation or not, but I've had very tender breasts, lots of nausea (especially in the mornings or when I would usually be hungry), some lower back pain, mood swings, bleeding gums, a yeast infection, etc. I was sure I felt a little implantation cramp and even had a tiny amount of spotting right afterwards, about 5 days before my expected period. Two days before the expected period we fooled around a little and I had an orgasm, and immediately I started cramping a bit and spotting. It increased to a period-like flow the next day, but then went away today, lasting only about 2.5 days. I'm supposed to start my period today, and I took a pregnancy test, but it said negative. I feel dumb for questioning it, but...

We have 4 cats, and there are a couple other kitties that hang out outside and like to visit for cuddles in the morning. I'm the primary litter-box changer and I spend a lot of time cuddling cats. I've read that that puts any possible baby at risk, and that if I have contracted toxoplasmosis from any of the cats early in pregnancy, I need to be on medications asap in order to try to prevent the baby from getting the infection too.

I have no idea if I am pregnant, or if I have toxoplasmosis, and I feel kinda foolish to go see an OBGYN when I just tested negative... But if I am expecting, I don't want to wait and put the baby in danger. Do you think there's a chance I'm pregnant and should see the obgyn? Or should I just relax about it and work on eliminating the cat dangers before trying again?

We had a cat when I conceived our first and I didn't know I was pregnant straight away. I too was the primary litter box cleaner. I mentioned it to my GP at my first appointment and she included testing in my blood panel but she said it's not common - especially if you are sensible (you know, washing your hands after cleaning box and/or playing with cats).

I've had a cat through both pregnancies and changed the tray while ttc. Only once I've got my bfp have I handed responsibility to dh. I think it's pretty unlikely you'll have it especially if you practice good hygiene. I did also read a lot of cat owners have already had it and therefore are immune

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->