• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Possible stupid question

A

AppleBlossom

Can I give Grace tinned stuff, like spaghetti shapes? I always hear these horror stories about women giving their baby's beans and them getting ill or worse because of the salt content

Seth has beans on toast every now and then, I asked my HV about it because I know they have a lot of salt in but she said as long as its not every day then it should be fine. I guess the same will apply to spaghetti?

xxx

Ok thanks, it's easier if I wanted to have beans/spaghetti on toast occasionally I can just gove Grace a bit instead of making 2 seperate things

You can get beans with lower salt and sugar amounts, i'm not sure about speghetti though x

i've seen some recipes that have beans in like jackets with tuna and beans in my books. given that i imagine it's okay as long as you're sensible and not like giving her an entire tin of beans everyday lol.

I would only give her maybe 2 tablespoons full, that's not that much is it?

i would think you'd be okay to do that at Grace's age. You could always just try her on a little bit at first, mixed in with mash or somethin just to check she doesn't have any kind of reaction x

I used to buy the lower sugar and salt but looking back now he only had a few spoons so im guessing it would have been fine. It does make life loads easier when they eat the same.

I buy some of those alphabit soup things for max he gets about 2 table spoons or so ..cant really harm him

BTW stupid questions are those not asked :)

Alasdairface has half of a little tin (although he has beans and not spaghetti but I'm guessing the salt's in the sauce?) once a week. He's been having it for a while and seems fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"