Possible to feel kicks this early for 1st pregnancy?

skycastles

Reaction score
I am 17+2 now with my first pregnancy, and last night I had felt a movement like a huge bubble popping under my skin.. I felt it about 3 times. I could feel it from outside with my palm. It was a bit to the left so I thought it might be gas, but I felt it again nearer to my middle when I woke up this morning!
Not sure whether I should get excited? Google says I should start feeling "little bubbles" and "butterly flutters" about this time, but this was more like one big bubble bursting :haha:
Anyone felt kicks externally this early with their first?

I started feeling this baby at 13 weeks. By 17 weeks I could feel kicks but not feel on outside for a couple more weeks. My 2nd it was 22 wks before outside kicks.

I felt my first at 17 weeks. Second was later and this one only minimal rolling movement so far. No kicks or solid movement.

ETA: Doh. You said externally. Sorry about that. I honestly cannot remember when I started feeling my babies from the outside. I guess I'm selfish and didn't worry about keeping track once I felt it for myself internally. Lol!

Absolutely! I felt my first daughter at 14-15 weeks. It was the most bizarre sensation. I was young and hadn't expected to feel something that early, so it kinda freaked me out. I ran to the mirror because it seemed like I should see it rippling across my belly like scene from some alien movie. LOL.

I felt my second daughter even earlier, but I can't remember exactly when it was. I just knew that I thought I was going crazy and it made me worry that I was carrying a litter in there. ;)

Definitely not impossible. I felt my first on the outside around 16 weeks so it is very possible that you are feeling movements at 17 weeks.

Yup, I think it was 18w (by LMP, I'm pretty sure it was 17w2d based on my ovulation kits), and I could feel it and see it from the outside. I'm (I was?) pretty skinny and have a posterior placenta, so that helps. Also my first pregnancy.

At 24w now and my stomach already does the whole alien trying to escape thing. I remember at 18w I could see solid lumps of butt/head as she moved around in there.

I felt the internal fluttery, twitchy movements from 16 weeks. Externally I felt it a little later, just after 18 weeks. It was exactly like you described, I could feel little kicks with my hand. Husband put his hand on my lower stomach and said it felt like little muscle twitch spasms in my belly. This was just a few days ago!

Thanks for the replies, ladies.. i have been feeling it regularly the past few days and the baby was so active this evening even DH felt something.. guess it is real:thumbup:

ETA: Doh. You said externally. Sorry about that. I honestly cannot remember when I started feeling my babies from the outside. I guess I'm selfish and didn't worry about keeping track once I felt it for myself internally. Lol!

Lol, i couldnt be too sure what was flutters and what was gas.. so just been waiting to feel it on the outside so i know im not imagining things!

At 24w now and my stomach already does the whole alien trying to escape thing. I remember at 18w I could see solid lumps of butt/head as she moved around in there.

Wow really? I dont see any movements yet but i can feel a hard lump at the area i feel the kicks at

I felt the internal fluttery, twitchy movements from 16 weeks. Externally I felt it a little later, just after 18 weeks. It was exactly like you described, I could feel little kicks with my hand. Husband put his hand on my lower stomach and said it felt like little muscle twitch spasms in my belly. This was just a few days ago!

Baby was so active today my DH felt it for the first time... except he asked me if i am purposely twitching my stomach muscles:growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->