Possible Vanishing Twin

ElleJSA

Reaction score
Good morning everyone.
Glad to be here and I look forward to getting to know you all on this forum.

So after a long history of ttc and with all sorts of roadblocks along the way I am now on my 4th pregnancy at the age of 40! Very scary but I really hope that this is the one.

We had our 7 week scan yesterday (IVF) and there were two sacs. Twin A measuring right on target and with a strong heartbeat but Twin B only measuring at 4mm (6 weeks) and with a low fetal heart rate of 90. My doctor told us that it is most likely a vanishing twin and our scan in two weeks may show that it did not develop further.
Has anyone else had this and still had the slower twin go on to develop into a healthy embryo?

Holding thumbs for two little fighters.

ElleJ

I have a good and bad story. I had a vanishing twin and ended up loosing both. I don't believe this had anything to do with the HB though, I believe I have a clotting issue. The twins were my second and third loss. After that I got pg again and around 6 weeks I had a singleton and there was a low heartbeat like your lo. The doctor said that he was not hopeful for this one to make it. I went in the following week and the HB was much better. I am now 24 weeks and all is well.

Your babies could have implanted at different times so one is a little behind, no biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->