Possibly going Gluten-Free to get pregnant!

JMacsGirl1015

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has been told going gluten-free will help with getting pregnant? And if you are gluten-free, how has your experience been so far?

I follow the Paleo diet way of eating, which is gluten free. It's not specifically to get pregnant, It was initially due to problems with my joints (which it fixed almost overnight!) but I feel a million times better since the change and it's been nearly 6 months now. I'm very rarely bloated or have wind now and have bags more energy, and lost a few pounds too. It does take a lot more effort and planning to eat this way though!

I have read that (anecdotally) people are much more fertile when doing paleo, but this is only our 2nd month of trying for our first, so I've no idea!

Did a doctor suggest it to you?

I cut out a lot of foods to get pregnant the 1st time. If I don't get pregnant this month then I'll do it again. I cut out wheat, dairy, sugar, red meat, caffeine, alcohol & eggs. I got pregnant after 2 months of this diet after 2 years of trying initially. good luck!

I follow the paleo diet as well actually! Crazy story, I had a copper IUD when I started the diet, and my DF and I had sex without pulling out ONE TIME and I still got pregnant. It ended in miscarriage (I still had the IUD!) But still, I clam the diet. There is tons of evidence that less sugar means more kids, and if you know who Robb Wolf is, he says that women get pregnant all the time after starting on the diet. It's supposed to kick start your fertility. There's a book called "the better baby book" by the guy who makes bullet proof coffee that might interest you as well.

Yes my doctor told me to go gluten-free and it would help me get pregnant but she didn't really explain why. I'm going to a new doctor next month to get a second opinion. I have tried cutting out some gluten from my diet but it can be a little challenging especially because I love bread lol!

Yes my doctor told me to go gluten-free and it would help me get pregnant but she didn't really explain why. I'm going to a new doctor next month to get a second opinion. I have tried cutting out some gluten from my diet but it can be a little challenging especially because I love bread lol!

Cutting out gluten only works if you do it 100% Just so you know...

Does going gluten free help regulate cycles ?

if you go carb/sugar free/low, plus gluten free, it should help!

I definitely agree that its challenging to cut big food groups from your diet, but you just replace them with other yummy substitues. Try reading the Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson, its a slightly more sustainable version of paleo.

And I know this sounds a but harsh, but look at it this way...what do you want more...a baby or a sandwich?!

Also ive noticed since going paleo I have really light periods now with very little discomfort, so I barely notice im on my period!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->