Possibly Just a Scare?

MaddyC

Reaction score
My SO and I tend to use the pullout method or occasionally condoms. We've been doing this for over a year, and recently I've been extremely exhausted, having aches and pains (back, light cramps, stomach pains, issues in the restroom), getting headaches, been kind of moody, my nipples are getting tender/sore which I have never had before for any reason.. My period is 3 days late, because I was supposed to start it on the 24th but now it is the 27th. I may just be having a scare, but my periods tend to be on time in accordance to my calender. This afternoon I used the restroom and found a very light amount of blood when I wiped and it was tinted brown and slight red. I'm not sure if my period is starting or if it is implantation bleeding or something else. I will have to wait it out and see if I feel the need to test or not, but could I get some opinions on my situation?

UPDATE: I talked to My SO's mom about what the bleeding is like and she told me not to have sex while it's going on just in case, and that if it stays light and goes away after a couple days that it is likely implantation bleeding. I have read that there is a chance of that occurring after a missed period, though it isn't as common as happening beforehand. My periods tend to be heavy, dark red, and with clots. As of today, I've only wiped and found the blood (thin, light amounts and still a light pinkish red with a tint of brown) about once or twice, and nothing has actually come out like it would during my period. I can tell this because there are no marks/stains on my underwear and nothing has fallen into the toilet while urinating like it usually does while I menstruate. (Sorry if any of this is tmi)

Not yet. My SO and his mother told me to wait until the end of this week just to see if it's actually my period or not. I'm going to have to base it off of that but I haven't had this situation before so I'm somewhat hoping my period doesn't come, while also knowing I'd be fine if it did.

This has happened to me before and it ended up being a weird cycle with my period coming a few days later. But either way test and let us know!

I went to the doctor's yesterday at three in the afternoon. They took a urine sample and checked for pregnancy and UTI. The doctor told me I could have diluted the urine if I had been drinking a lot of water before the visit (which I had). They're going to be testing the sample again for the UTI, but since it was only a urine pregnancy test and my urine was almost clear because of how water I drank during the day, I am planning to test again once I am no longer bleeding. My SO's mother had several full "periods" while pregnant with her oldest son, so as of now my test was negative, but I will update again once I have tested a second time.

I have taken several tests. One was store bought with a dropper, and I took two sugar tests (I know they can't always be right). Store bought was negative, and the sugars were positive. I know the sugar kind is not always accurate, but I wanted to try them anyway. Besides using sugar, everything else has been negative.

How long are your cycles usually? Are they regular?

My cycles are usually quite regular, and are usually 29 days or so. And the sugar test is something I looked up. You put some sugar in a container and either urinate directly onto it or use a dropper to put your urine on the sugar. If the sugar dissolves, it's a negative. If it clumps, it's a positive. And it clumped both times for me.

And my AF is not due until 8 days from now, so we will see if it is a normal one since the last time I bled confused me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->