Possibly PCOS?

That sucks you have to wait until Tuesday to find out! I wish I had a clue what they meant. I only had to take one fasting blood test, but I don't think it was the 2 hour thing you had to take.

I think basically my insulin doesn't work right in my body..so im sure i'm insulin resistant.. i'll find out tomorrow and see what i'm to do from there. :)

I was wondering why you said that! lol! Let us know how it goes.

I am a fellow pcos sufferer. I was put on Metformin with my second DD and conceived her the straight after my first af! Worked wonders for me. I suffer with weight, cysts, excess hair, infertility and dandruff xxx

It's been over 3 years since my last full official period :(

were you diagnosed with pcos?? how long were you trying before met?

Yes I was diagnosed and given Metformin straight away. I had my first af within a couple of weeks and got caught on the cycle! We had been trying for 12 months prior to that x

does anyone know how many carbs is recommended for pcos people/day?

really??
I think I remember the nurse saying she took all of hers at once.. since its glumetza and doesn't make you sick.. hmmmm.. I was just reading the bottle and it said take 1 pill 3 times a day with food..
I will try taking all at once to see how that goes..thanks!

Did they tell u to work up to the 1500? Start with 500 a day, once the nausea/ diarrhea stops, go to 1000, and so on.
People that start on 1500 usually end up not taking it cos they can't handle it

i think she told me to take it 1 time for a week.. then increase.. so I already didn't follow instructions lol.. I got so confused.. she said if it was metformin then it would make me sick..but since its the name brand glumetza then its easier for you to handle.. I think I will take 1 for a few days..then increase.. its not so bad.. but enough to wear I feel like I might need to leave work.

i think she told me to take it 1 time for a week.. then increase.. so I already didn't follow instructions lol.. I got so confused.. she said if it was metformin then it would make me sick..but since its the name brand glumetza then its easier for you to handle.. I think I will take 1 for a few days..then increase.. its not so bad.. but enough to wear I feel like I might need to leave work.

But that's weird since glumetza is just a brand of metformin! They're not different things? They told me to take 1 a day for a week then increase weekly but I felt ok after taking 1 a day for 3 days so that's when I increased.

Yea I don't know..he said it was gentler. ? Some docs dose it at three times a day for different reasons ..health reasons..idk..maybe since I only have
mild pcos?? Not sure..but I feel car sick. Ugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"