Possibly the most stupid comment EVER on the daily mail website...

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
It was in responce to this article...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...s-slash-childrens-paracetamol-doses-half.html

This was the quote...

give your child water, fruit and vegetables and put them to bed early. also, talk to them and care for them. and dont give them any drugs at all. good luck to all of us

:dohh: yep...Harvey didn't need antibiotics and pain relief last year when he was ill...no he just needed talking too!:dohh:

Yeah you tell that to a baby screaming in pain especially teething pain, here have an apple and go to bed early. humm. I am all for alternatives like teething necklace and stuff but sometimes you need paracetamol!

Ugh what an ignorant comment. I'm sure putting a teething baby to early with help :dohh: or a baby/child with an ear infection/ throat infection etc. :nope: Aidan has calpol when needed like I take a paracetemol when I'm in pain. It eases their discomfort something a parent should want to do x

I agree, i rarely have to use it but if my girls are in pain then hell yes i will help ease that pain.

when your in pain all you want is for it to stop i dont use medicine just beacuse my girls are a little grumpy/grizzly, i dont even use it to control temperatures (as long as they arent stupidly high) but i do give them medicine if they are in pain which thankfully is a rare thing anyway.

Ohhh some people :dohh:

If my girls have a temperature I will give them medicine and if they are ill and prescribed it then they will get it... I agree with the early bedtime part though. Love watching tv with peace and quiet. :rofl:

Generally speaking, if we are speaking of children up to 6-7 years old, meds are recommended.
But if the child is a bit older, a simple cold can be treated naturally with lots of fruits and just low dosages of meds, so the body can learn for itself how to protect with the viruses.

Generally speaking, if we are speaking of children up to 6-7 years old, meds are recommended.
But if the child is a bit older, a simple cold can be treated naturally with lots of fruits and just low dosages of meds, so the body can learn for itself how to protect with the viruses.

The way the comment came across though was that no meds should ever be given....Harvey has 2 inhalers..therefore meds..I am an EVIL parent trying to help him :xmas13:

Lol. I can imagine it now...

*Grace whinging and crying because she has a temperature and a headache*

"Here's an apple. We'll get you in bed by four and I'll chat to you about the global economy. You'll be right as rain in the morning."

Lol. I can imagine it now...

*Grace whinging and crying because she has a temperature and a headache*

"Here's an apple. We'll get you in bed by four and I'll chat to you about the global economy. You'll be right as rain in the morning."

:haha: x

:rofl:

These people actually exist!! Eep, I'm such a bad mummy soothing my child's pain with medication :dohh:

Some poeple worry me :dohh:

I feel sorry for their children should they even have any.
If someone sat me down now and told me not to take any meds and just "talk it out" I can say I wouldn't be impressed lol.

Didn't you know.. Apples are magic. Just ask Snow White, put her straight to sleep!

LOL, I can see her point that many parents reach for the medicine without it being "necessary", but if they're sticking to the dose, then they can't be doing much wrong. But the person that said that should surely accept that there are cases when medicines are required, and not giving them could actually make your child worse :dohh:

I try and hold off with calpol if possible but when temperatures come into it, I am not taking a risk and they have it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->