post 30 mums - esp in NW area - looking for buddies!

franny_k

Mummy to Grace and Jude
Reaction score
Hi, I'm due Feb 11th with my first. I'd like to find some buddies who are 30+ (I'm 36). Don't mind where you're from but if there is anyone in NW area that would be great - I live near Rochdale, just moved in with my partner a week before finding out I was pregnant! It would be nice to maybe meet up for coffee in the future.

Fran

Hi Franny,

I normally hang out in the "Older Mums buddies" thread, but saw yours and thought you might feel lonely .... I've just turned 40, live in Manchester, and am expecting my first baby in early November!

And I can match you with the timings - we conceived when I was visiting my OH and house-hunting, and waved a positive pregnancy test under OH's nose only 1-2 weeks after moving in with him! Bit of a shock - pleasant surprise, obviously - but it meant there was no point setting up the second bedroom as a permanent computer room, we knew it would have to be a nursery before long!

Thanks! Whereabouts in Manchester are you? We have a "study" but I am slowly working on (very stubborn) OH to turn into a nursery!

LOL at your OH - our nursery still has a computer desk, chair and two computers in it! I've given him a deadline of Beanie-being-3-months to find another home for them, that's about the time I want to move baby from the basket in our room into his own cot & nursery. I suspect it'll be a straight swap - baby into nursery (basket back on eBay) and computers into our bedroom!

I'm in Gorton / Abbey Hey, and I'm due to go into the new St Mary's to have Beanie. I spent the last 13 years on the west coast of Scotland, so I'm having to get used to city life again!

I'm hoping for six months for our nursery but my OH will NOT be rushed! You're quite near to me just down the M60.

What made you move to Manchester if you don't mind me asking? It must be a real change. We were supposed to spend our summer holiday cycling in West Scotland and some of the islands but had to give that up when we discovered I was pregnant!

I'm booked into Rochdale Infirmary for our LO. Was there a few weeks ago and really impressed with the staff and maternity unit, lovely. Made me feel hopeful and relaxed about the stressful months ahead. Do you feel ready to give birth? Just watched a documentary on BBC2 about three 16 year olds living in Rochdale who all become pregnant and the labour scenes had me really wincing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->