Post baby general daily chats :)

HHenderson

Princess' X2 Oh NO!
Reaction score
For moms who dont want to go to facebook to chat. :thumbup: Just to talk about post baby concerns, breast feeding, complain about our partners or babies.. anything to chat about if your bored like me!! :blush:

Let me go first, my name is Heather and I have a DD1 who is almost 9. Just had DD2 Aug 22, 2013. She was 7lbs 13oz via scheduled cesarean. SAHM, first time breast feeder, co-sleeper and breastfed co-sleeper.

PHOTOS are more than welcome also.. here are a few of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_20130921_131228.jpg
    IMG_20130921_131228.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1
  • CIMG1291.jpg
    CIMG1291.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1
Breast feeding has been really complicated for me. You would think its something as simple as put the nipple in the mouth, baby drinks and your good to go. :( I got mastitis after I started feeding my daughter better at month 1. It was horrible looking. Of course I got it Thursday evening praying I could get into the doctors on Friday but I couldnt. They did however prescribe me antibiotics that I picked up at the pharmacy. It was so painful. On top of that I had a clogged duct which was also painful and a pain in the butt! I had to massage it for days. I sat in a hot bath and held my breast under the water and tried to massage it for 40 minutes. It took several days for it to go away. After seeking more help then reading online everywhere I took my problems and concerns to the breast feeding help forum on here and got back really GREAT advice from a mom who has been there and done that. Telling me if I dont need a stock up supply to go back to work or something to stop pumping. BEST ADVICE YET about breast feeding. My breasts are finally slowly starting to regulate the milk. Sometimes my daughter will sleep 4 hours at night and it messes things up again and they almost get engorged but I will wake her up and make her feed a bit. She still struggles when shes fully awake and more hungry to not choke on the milk that is just pouring out and choking her. Milk gets everywhere, she screams and cries because she is drowning basically. Other than that its getting better. :)

I also wanted to share photos throughout all my chats. :cloud9: Our first breast feeding photo. She was 2 minutes old.

Attachments

• CIMG1248.jpg
    CIMG1248.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 3
Hello!

I'm Lindsey and am mommy to Finley, our DD, who is 20 months and Charlie, who was born on 9/13. He's a great baby so far and I can't get over how much I love this little guy.

https://s9.postimg.org/cjr0blinf/DSC00910.jpg

Hello!

I'm Lindsey and am mommy to Finley, our DD, who is 20 months and Charlie, who was born on 9/13. He's a great baby so far and I can't get over how much I love this little guy.

https://s9.postimg.org/cjr0blinf/DSC00910.jpg

Hi Lindsey! Finley is a beautiful name :cloud9: Charlie is such an alert little man. I admire you for having 2 babies under 2! :thumbup:

Today I went on the special k website to help me lose weight over the next 2 weeks starting Saturday. I think with breastfeeding and walking daily its helping me SLOWLY lose weight and keep off since the baby has been born. I lost 2 lbs so far. :) Which is alot considering how I gain so fast by just eating. It seems promising, we will see.

Hey girls, Im Steffany (captain obvious lol) my ds Pierce is 28 months old and dd Solaris is (almost) 4 weeks born September 5th at 10:14 am via scheduled c-section. I started off ebf but once home started giving bottles of formula due to convenience and only nursing when I can, Im very torn about trying to re-establish a supply and just pump and nurse or go all the way to formula. Im very happy to be a mommy to a newborn again even though I forgot how hard not sleeping is lol. Will post pics in a minute :)

Lovely pics ladies :flower:

God convenience of the bottle, SO JEALOUS! I so would be bottle feeding if I could afford it. Breast feeding is so exhausting and time consuming and inconvenient at all the wrong times especially when your boobs are as big as watermelons and you have to hold it up.

Sad thing is with the government shutdown WIC is one of the programs that will stop with it and ALOT of moms are on it.

For the past 3 days my little turd has been sleeping all day and staying up towards the end of the night being a crazy monster fighting sleep. Its getting so exhausting to where my husband actually went in there and tried taking over for a little bit!! Thats saying something! Lol

Solaris does that from 2-7 am, she is tired but fights it! Horrible. lol
Yea I get wic, my and hubby still want to reestablish my supply and even if she wont take boobie give her ebm, got some milk bags today so im going to try pumping and nursing to get me where i need to be

Good!! Any little amount will make you feed great. I was told skin to skin contact helps alot with making your milk come. I did that in the beginning. Also when she takes the bottle do skin to skin and try to pump right afterwards. But I would only do every other breast like you would to feed her until your supply is established because you do not want to get engorged!!

That would probably help too, (the every other side) in 3 pumpings (every 2 hours) using both sides I got a total of 2 ounces, thats awful :(

When did you stop bf? It might take awhile. But that sounds painful the way your pumping. It definitely needs to be with her eating schedule.

Does she use a pacifier? If so have her use your breasts in place of it.

Yes she does and I dont mind letting her comfort suck but she gets mad and pulls away :( I ebf the first week then pumped and nursed and bottle fed for like 2 then its been mostly formula for the past week with maybe 1 or 2 pumpings a day. the past 3 days Ive tried so hard to increase my supply but its not working

As you asked via PM my milk supply is on overload! :( I did nothing to stimulate it more than I should, lately. From the moment she was born she was breastfed as she wanted and stupidly I wanted to get a frozen supply for emergencies so I just pumped whenever my breasts started getting engorged and pumped until they were empty. Which for me was horrible because it created tons of problems. At least I got 4lbs of milk in the freeze now. :)

Alls I would suggest is the same as above. Dont over due it and stress out. It will have affect over what comes out. When you want to pump do it when the baby is near you or right after you just bottle fed her. The baby honestly DOES stimulate the milk to come. Every feed she does pump one breast. The next feed do the other. Make sure your nipples arent getting sore. It makes the whole experience even more stressful. Even if she gets made keep trying to offer her the breast. Dont wear a bra. I was like a big fat moo moo in the beginning and just letting my breasts hang down free the milk flows so much faster and quicker for me. (I have cannons! ;) ) Also before you pump get a wash cloth wet it and get it hot. Place it on the breasts and it helps them drain. Sounds like alot of work but it will help you get your supply back. Once your supply is back I would suggest you NOT to pump unless you REALLY need too.

There is a breastfeeding forum in here that I went to and there are TONS of moms who will have the same problem and they are there just to answer your questions. The one girl told me what to do I listened to her and only her and I am doing SO MUCH BETTER!

:hug:

Another sleepy day for my little turd. She was up a little more today than the past 4 days but still sleeping off and on alot. When she is awake she is very grumpy half the time. She used to be so damn calm and sweet. Im seriously thinking since Im not pumping and my breasts are starting to get better that shes getting too much foremilk and its making her lethargic. I dont know this for sure but its making her gassy as well.

God I love me some Sams Club!!

Diapers there for 210 ct pampers swaddlers size 1 are $39.98 vs 168 ct at walmart for $37.94. And walmart is supposed to be the cheapest around.

Got some fenugreek but it hasnt helped yet :( I nursed her last night and she was like almost full so obviously she is getting more than I can pump but I start work in 2 weeks and need to be building a stash. rwar.

How are the princesses?

OMG awesome!!! Glad its going so well. Im sure you will eventually be able to pump more, maybe its the pump? I thought you were a SAHM sucks you have to go back to work so early. You are supermom!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->