Post c-section sex??? Need advice.

coolchip10

Reaction score
My hubby is worrying the crap out of me about sex. I'm 4 weeks post c-section plus a day. My dr said 6 weeks but I'm wondering if anyone else has experience?? I don't mind doing it I just don't wanna mess anything up! Any advice would be appreciated :winkwink:

I made my hubby wait the 6 weeks. I compensated by going the oral persuasion- if that's not something you oppose, it kept my hubby happy and not pestering me :haha:

Have at 'er!!
Haha.
I had a c-section and we started having sex again after the postpartum bleeding stopped and I wasn't to sore anymore!
Listen to your body, if it is telling you no, or to slow down then do it! lol

Thanks guys...I think I might give in and just see how i feel. I just didn't wanna bust any stitches or anything, lol! :)

Id wait at least another week. My daughter will be 6 weeks on Thursday, and i just started having sex with my husband a few days ago. Even if everything feels better at 4 weeks, there is still healing that needs to be done.

We did stuff before 6 weeks. It was Valentine's Day, plus we had not done much in about five months (bed rest and then pre eclampsia, ugh) LO was born on 1/16. I would say I had an extremely easy recovery though...compared to other surgeries I have had. Some people may have a harder time, so like PP said, listen to your body (Not OH's!!!) Haha :flower:

When you are ready take it easy, no crazy stuff and it anything hurts obviously, stop.

Personally I'd say wait, unless YOU really want to (forget what DH wants! lol) I had a section as well, and DH and I have only DTD once since DS was born, and that was about 10 weeks post-partum maybe, and it still hurt then to have my ab muscles all crunched up. :shrug: If you do try it out, I would suggest you don't want to be in any kind of position that will result in your midsection getting compressed either by DH laying on you or by thrusting motions.

It was unpleasant enough that we haven't tried again yet... but I know DH wants to. :wacko:

We were pretty good at following the rules... I think we had sex for the first time at 5 weeks. He was very slow and gentle, just to make sure I would be okay... But that only happened once! We didn't resume normal activity until 6 weeks at which point I experienced no pain or discomfort. (I didn't at five weeks either).

I've had 2 sections and was given contraception (condoms) by my midwives both times less than a week post partum. Not sure if it's the same all over New Zealand, but I was in different cities both times and was given to go ahead to have sex as soon as I felt ready.

With Thomas that happened to bé at 6 weeks, but with Sophie we had sex 11 days PP and it was good! My bleeding stopped earlier with her.

I had sex after bleeding stopped. .mainly because OH wanted it..I was sore and I hurt like mad cos I was dry. Apparently bf does that...DH had been so amazing I felt bad turning him down when I could see his need and I didn't want him to feel left out/forgotten cos baby is here...

if u want then I would say go for it. Just avoid positions that will put pressure on the wound. ..so no missionary. .like in third tri u will have to find a position that is comfortable enough for u to enjoy it bcos how soon u attempt it again will depend on how the first try goesm good luck

We dtd 4 weeks pp and 1 after pp bleeding had stopped.
It was a tad uncomfortable but great to be back into it after no sex for 4 months!
We didnt dtd again for a week or so and then it was fantastic!!
No pain whatsoever.

We had sex 3 week post partum with Emily and we had sex about 2 weeks after c section with Nathan xx

I had sex 3 week's after a section once the bleeding had stopped. It was fine, didnt hurt at all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->