post c-section underwear

mtnprotracy

Reaction score
Hi, ladies :flower:,

I'm trying to prepare for my scheduled c-section next week. I need to purchase some underwear for the recovery period. I've read on here and other places that "granny-type" panties are the best choice. After looking online, I realized there's a whole line of "recovery-type" wear. It's hideously expensive, but I wondered if anyone had splurged for such a purchase? I have some amazon gift cards, but if they aren't any better, I surely don't have the money to waste :shrug:. There are brands called c-panty and incision care panty.

Thoughts???? What worked best for your ladies?

I personally wouldn't bother buying special recovery ones, if they are really expensive. I would just buy regular undies but just really big, high cut ones. I had ones that sat pretty much under my belly button :rofl: When looking at sizes, remember your tummy will be pretty swollen for the first few days (I still looked about 5 months pregnant a week after my emcs :(

All the best x

Hi I bought some really high big knickers so they didn't rub on my scar. I would recommend a couple of pairs of support pants that cover your whole belly, just to support your stomach. x

I wouldnt waste money on the recovery knickers! I had bought a few 5 packs of huge knickers from marks and spencers, the big ones that go up to my belly button and in one size up.

Yep, I have full briefs. I bought one pack 2 sizes larger and a couple of packs in one size larger. They come up to my belly button so safely away from my wound site.

I bought quite a few different pairs, but the best were the 5 pack of black short style ones from Tesco for £4, I'm usually a 10 and I got a 12 and they were brilliant - they sat above the scar, didn't rub on the stitches, were lightweight and soft and being all cotton they didn't make me too hot and itchy.

I brought last time and again this time, some disposable ones for the first couple of days; make sure these are at least one size if not 2 bigger than you need, then I brought some of the shorts style ones a size bigger than my usual style from sainsburys as I find these really comfortable x

I bought and have been wearing some full briefs from a cheap clothes shop (Matalan - I don't think they exist in the USA though!) I guess Walmart would be the closest for cost perhaps?

I bought them in large and they're perfect for my needs. I can pull them up over my scar and even over most of my jelly belly now so they're extra comfy :)

I had some boxer type pants but they had a little button and when I was sat down it used to dig into my incision. So either have some low rise ones below the cut or over and enough above that they dont fall down into it as it kills!

i actually saw these at a DayOne store that i went to.....my friend had told me she wore very low rise panties from Victoria's secret and had no problems with her scar.....

:)

I had emergency c-sec so didn't have any special recovery knickers, my SIL had to go and get me a pack of 'big knickers' that came half way up my belly, they were so comfy! I lived in my maternity jogging bottoms for weeks too so no waist lines were rubbing the wound, reeeeeally hurts if they do!

Good luck xx

I used the "boy-cut" type shorts for months after I had my csection.

Hi, ladies :flower:,

I'm trying to prepare for my scheduled c-section next week. I need to purchase some underwear for the recovery period. I've read on here and other places that "granny-type" panties are the best choice. After looking online, I realized there's a whole line of "recovery-type" wear. It's hideously expensive, but I wondered if anyone had splurged for such a purchase? I have some amazon gift cards, but if they aren't any better, I surely don't have the money to waste :shrug:. There are brands called c-panty and incision care panty.

Thoughts???? What worked best for your ladies?

i just brought big knickers that go right over the scar almost up to the belly button, these were really comfortable and cheap, i didnt find any need for 'special' underwear

yes me too, just huge huge knickers! totally hideous but the most comfy thing! i did have some disposables but didnt use as they were too small for me (im a size 8 even when pregnant, bought medium disposables from asda and still sat right on my scar!) so just wore the giant pants :) x

Hi

I had an emergency section with my daughter, so i didnt have the chance to prepear or find out what kind of underwear to wear after.
I can remember i wore the disposable briefs that i had packed in my hospital bag the until my partner could go and buy me some big comfy pants.
I did however when in got home wear a pear of boxer short type pants and these were so comfy, im having a planned section for this baby and i will def be getting a few packs of these again.
DD X

I never knew they had ranges! Like the other ladies said, just get some cheapo, high cut ones. Not the sexist thing in the world but you can just chuck them out when you're done with them.

I never knew they had ranges! Like the other ladies said, just get some cheapo, high cut ones. Not the sexist thing in the world but you can just chuck them out when you're done with them.

Or you can be like me and carry on wearing them coz they are so darn comfy :rofl:

Hahaha!! I was doing the washing the other day and OH pointed to a pair I still have and said, "when did my grandma move in?" I'd hidden my guilty secret so long hahaa

I just bought cheap granny-pants in a size bigger than I'd normally wear - they were like flags!

I wouldn't spend more than a couple of quid on them as they'll just get stained early on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->