• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Post Dural puncture headache?

dan-o

RMC's but mum to 3 now!
Reaction score
Thought I'd ask.. Has anyone else had this? Did it manage to resolve without needing the blood patch?
I needed a spinal and manual removal of placenta after a natural delivery on Friday. It went well though, very straight forward spinal block, and the removal was successful, I guess I'm just really unlucky to get this side effect! On meds to manage the pain and hoping it will heal on its own, but the anesthetist is happy to patch me today or tomorrow if it doesn't. :flower:

I had this after my first which was an EMCS with epidural.

I found the pain unbearable even with the meds (much worse than the pain from the actual section!) and i was struggling to care for my newborn (I had to stay laying down to get any relief) so I got a patch after two days. It worked almost instantly luckily.

Ohhh sorry you had it too :( great to hear it resolved ok, there's light at the end of the tunnel then! thank you!

I have had to have regular lumbar punctures and they are awful, they get worse and more common the more you have and now if I sit up with one I vomit (which is fun...). So I really sympathise, they are truly horrific.

I've always left them to heal on their own and they take a few days normally. Try to stay as flat as you can x

My mom had this. She didn't get the blood patch but had horrible headaches for months. 😩

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->