Post natal check up & injections

Caelli86

Twin mummy to be!
Reaction score
hi when are we supposed to have our post natal check up & babies first injections??

I might be out of the loop since my LB is 5 years old , but I'm sure it was 6-8 weeks??

I tried booking it at the surgery and they said no it's 8-12 weeks, which I thought was a bit long seeming as I had a c section and wanted to get the all clear to drive.Anyway the surgery couldn't book it as they've said they would need to play around with appts as I have twins to fit us all in , they said they would call me, they didn't.
The health visitor came and I talked to her about it & she said it should be 8 weeks, and no later for their injections & told me to call in at the surgery again.
The sugery finally made an apt which would have been this week at 8 weeks,but they've gone at sent me a letter cancelling it until the end of the month when the boys will be 1 day short of 12 weeks.

This doesn't seem right to me, is this acceptable? I've txt me health visitor so hopefully she will call me today as so said if I get any trouble to do so.

That's shocking. I would complain or change surgeries!

I also had a c section and was called by my GP two weeks PP for a telephone checkup - she also wrote my prescription for contraception in the back of this call, and booked my six week checkup.

She then spoke me through what happens with LO. Apparently their first checkup (6-8 weeks) is generated centrally and piste to us without doing anything. I'm waiting on mines coming through. We don't get any vaccines at the GP, they are done at a different clinic.

Yes I am going to complain, apparently they have lost some doctors and only have 3 part time ones now but that's not my problem, I still need my appts.
There is another surgery I can change too but I don't want to get lost in the system & miss apts and stuff but I will consider changing after all their vaccines are done.
I'm waiting on a call from the health visitor as I hope she can sort this out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->