Post or pre natal depression_ long post sorry

florence_

mum of one
Reaction score
Don't know if it's the right place to post this don't really know water I'm posting really be needed an ear... my gorgeous son is 2 not month he was my rainbow baby. Me and dh started trying last September for #2 after mc in Nov 15 we fell pregnant and I'm now nearly 23weeks with a little girl... my life's perfect Imatch so happy with my 2 children very blessed and feel so lucky but I'm sad and depressed! Why? I had post natal depression after my son and no idea why, I took anti anxiety Meds and all was well. I came off them Sept 15 to try for baby #2 and both me and dh know this was wrong move I've been right by to depression and anxiety. I just feel so lonely even though I'm surroundedsurrounded by many family like that saying I feel lonely in a room full of ppl I'm always crying or picking fights maybe it's my hormones but I just can't cope I tried opening up to my mum but she kinda laughed it off saying she was mad and her mother was mad we need to get on with it. She then text apologising had she offended me as she had had a drink and we never spoke about it again. I have 2 sisters one has 2 kids and the other has a new born so I don't want to burden them. I have a circle of 8 friends but again I'm one of these instagram mums who posts all the ideal family shots but behind this perfect life is me screaming inside wondering my worth in this life! The only other close friend is desperate for a man, marriage and kids I can't open up to her who wishes she had all that I have, I suppose I'm looking for a friend to tell me it's all going to be okay. I try opening up to dh but it all ends up coming out a little muffled and he doesn't understand. This forum helped me a lot thru my first pregnancy journey, I suppose I'm hoping for the same but then I don't even know if this is pregnancy related, thanks for reading sorry for the headache xx

From what I've read, those of us who've experienced the loss of a pregnancy are at greater risk for prenatal and postnatal depression. I know what you mean about sometimes just needing to hear that everything will be ok :flow: And it sounds like you're being very sensitive to those around you, but just need someone to be sensitive to you :hugs:

Have you gone back to talk to the doctor who'd originally prescribed you the meds? I understand wanting to be medication free during pregnancy, but there are some meds that are pretty safe to take and won't harm baby. It might help you feel more empowered to know what all your options are?

I'm sorry you're feeling this way <3 It'll be okay in the end, you'll see. Just try and remember that you aren't alone, there are many of us that are going through the same thing and many more of us that are willing to listen. Maybe, hopefully, it's just the hormones. I suffer from depression and had to quit my medication. My midwife told me if I feel like I'm sinking back into that hole that I should try to get more vitamin D in my system, maybe give it a try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->