post partum - how many nipple pads?

T

tinytoes

how many nipple pads does a breast feeding mum get through a day?
i only bought a box of 40 to start with....with i be needing loads? I've no idea about leaking...

also, i assume we wear a bra and pads at night too?

Thanks

Good question. I'd assume you'd probably go ahead and wear a bra (maybe a sports bra so it's more comfy) and pads at night. I know that right now I'm pretty leaky (woke up to a puddle of.......whatever it is that comes out at this stage in the crook of my elbow) so I'd think it'd only get worse if I were to breastfeed. Have you looked into the reusable pads, that you can wash? I've heard these are better because the disposable ones, which are made of paper I believe, can stick to the nipple.

ooohhh i hate the idea of having to wear a broin bed, i don't wear anything in bed, any ideas other than bra wearing/do they actually definitely leak???

I leaked all over Caitlyn one night when I fell asleep with her! Now I keep my bra on at all times. I don't change my pad too often because it's the smell she's attracted to.

I wore a bra at night for a while but it just bugged me. Your breasts lie differently when you're sleeping so the pads were always in the wrong place, also Kaya fed loads at night so undoing myself all the time go annoying. After that I wore nothing on top and would lie on one side and drape a muslin over the fuller breast - but I co-sleep. You can also just wear normal pajamas and tuck muslins in your top. Or go topless but sleep on a towel.

I leaked all over Caitlyn one night when I fell asleep with her! Now I keep my bra on at all times. I don't change my pad too often because it's the smell she's attracted to.

does it smell? I mean, to adults? Daft question I know but the slight leakage i've had seems a bit..urm (tmi) cheesy...i am shocked and am hoping it's just the first thick stuff that pongs...

very cute baby by the way Toria! x

I get through about 8 a day.

xxx

I only use two a day, but I don't leak much. At night I have a sleeping nursing bra. It's way more comfortable than a normal bra. I leak a lot at night but hardly any during the day.

I used washable ones as Vickie said. They don't stick to your nipple so much and believe me trying to pry a dried on paper pad off your nipple when you're so tired that you just want to collapse is NO fun. :dohh:

I have about 8 altogether wash and wear type thing.

does it smell? I mean, to adults? Daft question I know but the slight leakage i've had seems a bit..urm (tmi) cheesy...i am shocked and am hoping it's just the first thick stuff that pongs...

very cute baby by the way Toria! x

Thank you!

I don't leak all that much, and as I'm not breast feeding all the time I don't have all that much milk, but as soon as I can smell anything it gets changed. Usually no one can smell it untill the pad comes off. Then it smells rather.. strange!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->