Post Pregnancy compression garments. Which one? worth it?

Foxycleopatra

Mum to 3 Girls
Reaction score
to all the second time or more mummies, did any of you use post pregnancy compression garments? It's only 5 more days till my baby bunny arrives and I have been looking in to different types of compression garments to help give my pelvic and abdominal region support after my caesarean section.
I have looked at SRC Recovery shorts but they are so pricey and not sure if they are really worth the money. Then there is the Belly Bandit and various girdles and corsets.
Any advice or experiences would be great.

I've been wondering the same thing! Following!

I had a c section and used something called c_panty (I think that is what it was called). I felt much more contained and things didn't move around as much so I feel like I healed faster. But I don't know how I would have done if I hadn't used them. They were about $80 Canadian and we're essentially the same as a product like high waisted spanx.

Good luck!!

I have the bellefit dual close girdle. You can se it with csection of vaginal birth. It was so lovely and supportive and got my shape back quickly. It is pricey, but I think worth it. I will be using it after this baby again for sure!

I bought a support belt at motherhood maternity for my first. It looks like this https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=914950577&MasterCategory_Id=MC32.

I had a 10 lb baby and soon after delivery my stomach looked like an empty sack. This was different from the other moms in the ward who all seemed to have a dome shaped stomach. Mine just hung there and I could not breathe as I felt as if my organs had fallen out. When I used this belt, it brought everything back to position and I was able to breathe and move and it made everything easier. I think I wore it on and off for six weeks and at the end of it my stomach looked reasonably normal.

This time I am having a planned C-section and I will be using this from day 1. I know that my stomach muscles are weaker this time and if this belt can take the strain away from my stomach wall and back and allow my organs to stay in place while the c-section scar heals, then it's a no brainer to use this round the clock. I use a singlet over it, so I don't have to wash it that often as it won't be in contact with my skin.

I had a section 1st time round, yes my tummy was a bit saggy obviously but my wound healed really quickly and my tummy wasnt long before regained its shape and went back to way it was before. I exercised alot before hand and during and done the same this time so hoping Im the same. Might be worth while posting in the c section area too to see what previous people that had sections say but I feel it would be a waste of money for me personally.

xx

My sister used a Belly Bandit last year and has recommended it to me.

I used the belly bandit after my first and hated it! So bulky and hard I couldn't keep it on for more than 30 minutes, couldn't sit in it, and it added at least 3-4 inches to my waistline. With my second I used the yummy tummy shaper underwear and various yummy tummy leggings and pants and I can't recommend them enough. They are pricey but you can find them on sale sometimes on amazon and also at tj maxx in the underwear/pajama section

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->