Post your dieting tips!!

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Since there are a lot of people in this section dieting and with weightloss journals we could all perhaps share some tips on things that have worked well for us, good foods to eat, low cal snacks etc etc ...

Eating as soon as you can after you get up to get your metabolism going.

my nan always used to say chew each mouthful like 30 times and it makes you feel fuller and it really does work!!!

my nan always used to say chew each mouthful like 30 times and it makes you feel fuller and it really does work!!!

That makes me feel sick just thinking about it :( The food would be liquified after 30 chews!

Only tip I have is to preplan what youre gonna eat for the day and dont go off the plan!

Eating as soon as you can after you get up to get your metabolism going.

Does this work?I don't eat breakfast but have been told I need to as I need to shift this mummy tummy.I don't over eat at all and my belly is massive!

Yip the whole eat as soon as u get up and make it something like porridge or muesli which r good carbs that will keep u feeling full all morning. 1 coffee a day as it keeps the metabolism going and no carbs after 6pm. Also, if u can, instead of eating three meals a day eat 6 smaller meals which will keep you metabolism constant, i used to make up 3 tubs of chicken,salad and a small amount of sauce for work and eat them throughout day to keep me going Kx

Also snack a jacks r good for a snack, intead of looking at calories look at the saturated fats in things, those r the bad thing. Something can have higher calorie content but have very little sat fats which is good.

If youre going to have chocy, freeze a curly wurly they take longer to eat ;)

When eating an omlette only have the egg white and save about 50 calories per egg!!

Only eat till your about 80% full, always leave some of your meal and serve food on a smaller plate

If you buy low fat food, make sure you check the sugar in it.. Sugar is worse than 'fat'.

And as Kaylynn said, eat smaller amounts but more frequently during the day. Eg. if you have a sandwich, apple and yogurt for lunch, eat the sandwich then an hour later the apple and then leave another hour or so and have the yogurt. Apparently it works better than eating it all at once.

Drink loads of water especially before meals it fills u up so you dont eat as much

defo agree with drinking water :)

writing everything down you eat is good too :)

Don't drink juice/pop.. full of sugar and empty calories..

Drink water, add lemon to it if it helps you get it down.
Milk's good for you too of course!

dont cook ur food in fat. like if ur having home made chips do them in the oven same for otherstuff...adding unnessery things to food u dont need. and make small changes turn ur 800g loaf of bred into 400g small one....brown instead of white...semi skimed instead of ful fat. lighter butter those kinda things xx

eat off a smaller plate, the plate looks fuller so it tricks your brain into thinking you bhave eaten more. I always eat cerial, soup etc using a teaspoon, makes it last longer so I feel like i have eaten more. don't look at the 'fat per serving' when deciding if to have something or not, look instead at the fat per 100%, as long as there is 5 grams of less fat per 100g (2 grams or less of saturated fat per 100g) then that food is classed as low fat :)

I start my morning off with a Ultima Shake 200ml in skim Milk
10am 2 x digestive biscuits with low fat cheese slices
12am today/ 4 table spoons spinage with 2 table spoons rice and low fat beef & onion soup, 250ml
2pm Low Fat Mixed fruit Yoghurt
4pm Apple
6pm Dinner, served on a side plate and i have my dinner with very HOT Green Tea.. Nothing Fried allowed.

Then at 7pm i do a 1hour workout -30 minutes Treadmill, 10 minutes Shake and Shape Machine, 10 minutes Stair climber and 10 minutes Gym Ball.. all while watching TV.....

And secret weapon is Medication as well, due to hormonal problems my weight is not what i eat....

:hug:

Make sure you fill your plate 1/2 with veggies/fruit, and 1/4 starch, and 1/4 meat/protein.

If you're going to snack on a "cheat" food, like crisps/chips, instead of taking the whole bag with you, put a portion in a bowl to prevent yourself from eating far more than you should! lol.

One thing I learned on Dr.Phil, :rofl: is that you end up snacking/eating more if you do it infront of your tv or computer. I'm sure we're all guilty too! If you're say snacking while on bnb, you're more inclined to sit and snack the whole time! So you should only eat at the table!

bear with me... i watch this thing on dieting on telly and they did a test with soldiers. they fed them the same meal and a glass of water. one group ate the meal normally and drank the water. the other group had the food and water blended together to make a soup. they scanned their stomachs later on and the ones who had dinner as a soup were fuller for longer (its to do with the density etc) so basically, eat soup!
i eat a chunky soup at lunch time and i dont need to eat agan until tea time.
i hope this made some sense.
xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"