Postnatal rib inflammation

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
Anyone else have rib pain so long after pregnancy? My baby is 9 months but my bottom right rib at the front and side still hurts/constant dull ache like there's something there. I was concerned about liver or gallbladder issues but the doctor cannot feel any swelling and he said it's rib inflammation and should get better in time. It was a very straightforward birth although he was a big baby at 9 lbs 11.5oz and I'm only a tiny 5ft.

Has anyone else had rib inflammation following birth and when does it get better?

I woke up not long ago with pain/ache under my rib bev, also had the odd achey twinge around my left and right ribs. No idea what mine is but it's nothing consistent so just ignored it. Sure with you being quite small
And having such a big baby your doctor is right. Does taking anti inflammatorys help? X

I haven't tried anti inflammatories but will give that a go and see if it helps :)

I am STILL having pain under my lower right ribs. I went to the doctors again today and she had a feel and said that she couldn't feel anything amiss with my ribs. She is going to refer me for an ultrasound on my liver and gallbladder.

Scan date has come through for 10 days' time.

Gl x

I had awful rib pain during my first pregnancy then my gallbladder gave up when my daughter was 5 weeks old. I've had nothing but hell since, even after surgery to remove it so got everything crossed it's not that!

When do you notice it most? Do you ever get shoulder or back pain? x

I always think it might be gallbladder but it has been over a year now and it's not super painful, just a constant ache. I can totally live with the ache, I am just concerned it might be something more serious and I panic that if it's the gallbladder I might have left it too long. I don't have any shoulder or back pain.
Sorry yours is still causing you issues even after it has been removed :( :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->