Postpartum anxiety issues

Hoping4peanut

Reaction score
Anyone having pp anxiety months after having the baby?

I specifically have been worried that every weird symptom I am having lately is a sign that I am headed for a heart attack. I think I am scared to die and leave baby alone.

The specific symptom right now is the other night I hate a sharp tearing pain in my chest for literally 1 second then immediately got a hot flash and cold sweat.

Anyone else have this kind of anxiety? I am starting back up with a therapist but I guess I am looking for support and people who have been through the same thing.

I'm sorry!! I had some aniexty after my 10 month old was born. I kept thinking/panicking she'd die - like in the car, if she was really quiet I'd freak & have to pull over to check on her, or at night I couldn't sleep, unless she was in my arms, thinking about SIDS, meningitis, etc...talking it out with my husband helped sometimes, and prayer. Lots of praying. I also find exercise helps, it wears me out so I can sleep better. I feel lots better now - probably a combination of her getting older/bigger & my hormones leveling out. Hope you find some relief!

I'm so sorry you're struggling, anxiety is so hard.

Just like the previous poster I had a lot of issues with fear, mostly illogical I have to say, surrounding the well being of my son. For me I was almost crippled for 5 months pp with these issues. Prayer was major for me too.

My issues started immediately after the placenta was delivered, so was believed to be mostly hormone related. I'm now expecting baby no. 2 and having a lot more mood swings during this pregnancy. Bit worried about after the birth again.

Have you considered alternative stuff like diet/nutrition, counselling, essential oils, meditation etc. to help regulate hormones? Maybe mention to the Dr?

Best of luck my dear fellow mama!

Oh honey. I'm so sorry. I'm going through this for the third time, about everything. I find it helps to just not feel alone. I posted a thread about this just now. It was super tough for me to admit.

Thoughts about death and dying are VERY common after having babies. I don't want to go into it since I don't want to add fuel to anyone's fire, but two incidents have happened within a week very that have me obsessing about these issues to the point of distraction.

Just know you're not alone! And GET WHATEVER HELP YOU NEED!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->