postpartum itching all over

qpaulina42

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced itching all over some weeks after birth? My legs, butt, arms and back (but not stomach, face or feet) are itching like mad. There was no rash initially but after scratching red bumps appear. Antihistamines aren't helping, doctors don't have a clue so far. Maybe PUPPS? A clogged bile duct... Hormones?

I have this terribly! Since day three after having baby I have had a rash - started on my wrists and now on my arms, tummy and legs. It's sooooooo itchy and really ugly to look at. It is really painful and itchy, especially at night.

I have been to the doctors three times - they firstly gave me cream which didn't work, then antihistermenes (sorry for spelling!) and antibiotics and finally steroids last Friday and a stronger cream. The steroids are helping and I also use camomile cream too.

Doctor said it might be the painkillers from my epidural - one side effect is itching. Also could be hormones and also stress related.

He did say that his daughter still itches and she had her daughter five years ago!!!! I nearly lost the will to live!!

But I have the same itching and am five weeks PP now. I hope you get better soon - I hate the itching and hope it clears up soon x

Mine started on the boobs and looks a lot like PUPPS.Then came the legs butt etc but it seems different to me somehow. There is no rash at first, only after I've scratched. Then I get these red bumps/welts. And bruises from having scratched so much... Sucks.

Huh. Come to think of it, I was quite itchy. It probably wasn't as bad as what you guys are describing because it never occurred to me to ask anyone about it. I just recall not being able to fall asleep partly because I was itchy all over, but I thought it was cuz all my senses were so heightened.

It must've disappeared somewhere around week 6 which was when I started being able to fall asleep somewhat normally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->