Postpartum recovery sounds like sooo much fun. (insert sarcasm here)

Blzgak

Reaction score
Here's a website I found with some good information, but it sure did scare the crap out of me. No wonder why women get so emotional after giving birth. :p

https://www.kristensguide.com/Family/Pregnancy/postpartum_recovery.asp

Post partum recovery scared the crap out of me the first time I read about it too... ended up sobbing my eyes out and feeling I'd be a monster for weeks. I'm starting to get used to the idea of just playing it day-by-day though and seeing how it goes. I'm usually the type to worry about the worst case scenario, but with giving birth and post-partum stuff I feel like I'll go crazy unless I just take a wait and see approach. I'm also working hard to remember it's all temporary!

Still scary stuff though, eh? Good luck to all of us! :)

This is all pretty true. I really dont think there is enough info given to expecting mums about postpartum recovery.

I was really surpised how I felt after birth I just hadnt expected it! It probably took me about 2 weeks to start to feel normal again! BUT you do have a beautiful new baby to distract you so its not a constant pain/ache!! xxx

Yei i wont read it lol, i had my 3 already and i know it takes a few weeks to get back to your old self but like the other lady mentioned you have your new baby you finally get to see and hold and family for support xxx

I think some of these are exaggerated, but some of them are true. A lot of those didn't happen after I had my first. The worst for me was the massive aching boobs since I did not breast feed and the emotions which lasted for a couple days. The other stuff were bothersome but not to the mentioned extent! But if you go in expecting things this bad, it will be better when you find out they are not THAT bad!

An FYI: my doctor told me I avoided a lot of the discomforts associated with postpartum recovery because I had a pain med free, all natural birth. Which is why I am aiming for that this time around!

An FYI: my doctor told me I avoided a lot of the discomforts associated with postpartum recovery because I had a pain med free, all natural birth. Which is why I am aiming for that this time around!

This is exactly why I'm aiming for a natural birth. I hope I can have it!
Congratulations on a med free birth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->