Postpartum Recovery

Hollynesss

Mommy!
Reaction score
My baby is six weeks old, and my recovery has gone really smoothly. Bleeding has stopped, lochia has nearly stopped, and I feel good overall. But, I still have very uncomfortable and intense pressure in the perineum when I sit to go to the bathroom or when I've been sitting anywhere too long in general. I had a 2nd degree tear, stitches dissolved about 2 weeks pp. I have my follow up with my obgyn on Monday, but I'm curious if anyone has experienced or is experiencing this postpartum? How long does it take that pressure to go away? It's super uncomfy!

I also had a second degree tear and the pressure. I was closer to 3 months pp before it went away. But honestly 2 years later it still bothers me during my period.

I had an episiotomy and also felt the intense pressure in that area. I'm almost 5 months pp and still get it occasionally but it's not something that really bothers me day to day 😀

Good to know it goes away eventually! I was getting concerned that something didn't heal correctly or something.

Omg, I've been wondering the same thing!! I thought something may have been stitched too tightly as it feels like a pressure/pulling when I sit in any position with my legs spread. I'm 3 months pp and still feel it regularly but haven't asked anyone about it...

Let us know what your obgyn says!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->