Potty talk in older kids

JASMAK

Mom of three
Reaction score
Just wondering how you handle potty talk in older kids. Do you let your kids do it to an extent and if so, under what circumstances. My kids know to not say it around me or hubby, but sometimes I can hear them in their bedrooms, with the door closed and with a friend. One friend in particular has quite the potty mouth, and I always cringe when she comes round as she has the worst potty mouth. I always tell my kids, that even if their friends misbehave, they have to still follow the rules, but am I being too strict???

Do you mean swear words? If so, then no, you're not being too strict. i'd flip if amelie thought it was okay to swear :growlmad: Shes actually said 'fucking sake' before but we quickly nipped that in the bud and replaced with 'goodness sake' :dohh:

words like 'pee' 'poop' 'bum' etc i dont think there is a problem, all children think its funny to talk about bums and poo and wee etc

but like BLAH ....swear words such as 'for fuck sake' etc are a definite NO. my eldest who is nearly 7 understands what swear words are but would never use them actually once my husband was wearing a FCUK tshirt and my daughter said 'daddy they have spelt that word wrong on your t-shirt, mummy can i say the word?.... i said 'No' and she said ok daddy its suppose to be spelt 'F..U..C..K', i would take it back to shop if i were you'!!!! lol

my husband then had to explain what FCUK was! x

I don't see a problem with words that you are talking about, they are normal every day words and definitely less offensive than swear words x

I think children just get to an age where that sort of thing is incredibly funny. With my daughter its currently all about poo! I don't think it's bad as swearing, I'm hoping she'll get bored of it and grow out of it.

OK thanks everyone. I will try to relax about it then. No, he doesn't swear, thank goodness. Whew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->