• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Potty training - are pull-ups a waste of money?

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
We're starting the dreaded potty training!

With Kayleigh it was easy. It was summer and I just stripped her off from the waist down and she got it within a week.

I can't do that in February, but Charlie is ready. So yesterday and today, we've put him in Huggies Pull-ups and left his trousers off to make it easier for him. He has got the idea, and keeps pulling the pull-ups down and sitting on the potty. But it's always "not working" in his words!! Then he wees in the pull-ups and comes and tells me he's wee'd!:dohh:

Do you think we should persevere with the pull-ups, or just strip him off and mop up the accidents?

Update!!

He's just sat on the potty and done a wee!!! :happydance::happydance:

He's done them before upstairs when we've changed his nappy, or he's just come out the bath, but this is the first time he's pulled his pull-ups down, sat on the potty, and done something!!:happydance::happydance:

When I was potty training, I only used pull-ups at night, during the day I just put on big-boy pants and cleaned up any little accidents xx

woohoo way to go Charlie :happydance:

I did it this way, If i was in the house and not too busy I would let him wander around butt naked :lol: and put pull ups on when we where out and about
I didn't use huggies though I used Tesco, much cheaper, i also think if the absorb really well it is no good as they don't feel it if you get what i mean

I personally think pull ups are a waste of money. They are expensive and you don't get many in a pack. I use reusable cloth training pants. I like them a lot better.

I'm going through the same thing with my daughter. I'm using pants and clearing up any accidents as she didn't seem to 'get it' with the pull ups. However, the novelty of the potty has worn off in 48 hours and now she is refusing to wee at all.....it's a total disaster. She's getting stressed, I'm getting stressed..aaarrggghh! Only upside is that my 19 month old who has been watching the whole saga unravel is totally up for using the potty and keeps going and sitting on it, so you never know, I may get both of them potty trained......!

I used 'big girl pants' with Chloe in the house and pull ups when we were out, i highly recommend the Tesco pull ups £5 for a large bag and i found them much better than Huggies!

Horray!:happydance:

I dont know if I'm just a bit crazy, but I love toilet training, cos *most* tots do enjoy it, they get so proud of themselves and I think its just adorable!

Not that I'll be there any time soon... Jasper is only 3 months old! Bit early yet! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->