Potty training - just doesn't get it with pants on

hooch

Reaction score
So my DS is 3 next month. Hes been using the potty for a while now but have decided to go for it this week. Hes 3 days in without nappies at all. When we're at home, naked from the bottom he will take himself off to the potty himself with no accidents, even poos. The minute he has bottoms on (pants and shorts/trousers) he just doesn't get it and will stand where he is and just wee.
Is this normal? I keep reminding him to either tell me or pull the pants down first.
Thanks

We had the exact same thing. The pants felt like a nappy to him so took a bit of getting used to. Have you tried loose boxer shorts or trousers with no pants so that he doesn't feel like h

He is wearing a nappy?

Sorry i pressed post by accident!

We had this for a bit at first, we made a bit of a game of practicing pull his trousers up and down so he got used to it.
Most of the time its because they dont know how how to pull their trousers down so we showed him to put his thumb in the waistband.
Its somthing that just comes wirh patience, time and practice so he will get it eventualy.
Be warned though practicing pulling trousers down can backfire in the middle of the supermarket :)
Thankfully hes never done this bu my friends little girl does it often.

It will just click-My DS couldnt (or wouldnt) be potty trained this time last month. However 2 weeks agoo he just asked for his big boy pants to be put on and wallah that was that. Hes not had a single accident in the 2 weeks (only trained in the day though still in a nappy for night)..yet a week before that when I tried it was a disaster and he just kept peeing everywhere! I honestly think its when they are ready that they do it. My first was 3 1/2 when he did exactly the same so almost the dame age as DS is now..despite me trying since they were 2!

We had this for ages! I started with her being bare bum in the house for a few weeks. Then tried pants, and the minute she was in pants, she'd just start peeing wherever she was. So it was back to bare bum for another few weeks - trying pants now and again without success. Then one day it just clicked with the pants, but as soon as I put trousers or tights on her we were back to square one.

I remember 4 weeks ago today we were at playgroup and all the other little ones were using the toilet and Sophie had a nappy on because I just couldn't take her into trousers!! But 2 days later, we decided to bite the bullet and try taking her out without a nappy on so she had jeans on and numerous pairs of spare leggings and jeans in my bag, and she had no accidents at all. From that day she has been daytime potty trained - apart from poos, which she has constantly done in her pants up till 2 days ago. I was seriously at my wits' end with the pooing in the pants, she just wasn't getting it at all but the other night she did one in the toilet and yesterday she did one in the potty and she's so excited and pleased with herself I'm hoping we've cracked it!

It honestly will come, it just takes time and patience and it will just click one day xx

We started training 2 weeks ago. We trained with pants on, so he had to take them off. Had plenty of pee accidents, but he figured it out after only a few days. I say, just keep the pants on and he'll figure it out pretty quick.
Your LO is doing great. We're pee trained, but can't get him to poop on the toilet at all.

My little boy was like this too, so we bought him some loose fitting boxers, once he mastered it in them we started to introduce pants. Now he is a pro :) don't worry too much, it all takes time :)

My little boy was exactly like this! It took ages to get him used to pants but one day he just asked for pants and we haven't looked back. Keep at it. He'll get there soon. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->