• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Potty Training my 19 month old

hellojello25

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I just want to start by saying that we are in no way forcing this on my son. He asked to go to the potty this past weekend when he had to poop, and he's been asking ever since. He either says "Potty. Poop. or "Gotta peepee." It's really cute actually. And we haven't had to wait too long for him to do his thing. Legit the longest we've had to wait is 30 seconds.

We don't have a step stool for him yet so he can pee standing up, but I'm getting it tonight. Does anyone have any tips for teaching him to pee standing up? Specifically, how to help him aim it?

His father normally works nights and isn't home to help with a lot of the day to day activities, so I thought I would turn to you lovely ladies.

I asked my mother for tips and my brother piped in, "Do we ever really learn how to aim?" So there's that lol.

My DS was the same age when he started peeing standing up (it hadn't actually occurred to me to teach him that before, I forgot that that's what males generally do :haha:) and he just got it once we positioned him on a step in front of the toilet and told him to aim into the bowl. So he may well just get it. If not you could try putting a ping pong ball in the toilet and telling him to aim for that, it could be a little bit fun :)

We potty trained DS1 at 18 mo, but we did not train him to stand and pee. When he first started, he was so short he put his willy on the rim (only at home!).

That's great your DS is showing interest in potty training already! :)
I don't know if they ever learn to aim properly! :haha:

Thanks for all your advice, ladies! He peed standing up for the first time this morning! He got on his little step stool and I started doing my makeup, and he peed! It was awesome!

It may have helped that his dad was right there with him, but I don't care!

Yay, that's great! Well done to your DS! :)

I wouldn't worry about teaching him to stand at this age. I just have Leo sit on the toilet. He sees his dad stand, so eventually I'm sure he'll initiate standing, but for now he's happy to sit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->