Potty training regression or tummy bug?

Natsku

Reaction score
Lately Maria has been pooing in her knickers most days, just a tiny little bit rather than a full-on poo. Yesterday she went though 5 pairs of knickers, 3 the day before and so far today she's done it once.

I ask her why she does it and she says she does it because it hurts. She doesn't seem ill though, no fever or anything and full of beans.

Hmm yeah constipation sounds like it could be it

I'd try the usual, warm Bath, food and drink to help her go etc. Hopefully she will have a clear out and then it will stop.
Xx

She's probably constipated. My DD has little rabbit pellets type poop when that happens. It's probably hard to stop those tiny little pieces from coming out. If she likes apple juice let her have it full strength, that always helps my daughter's constipation. It happens to us occasionally as Avery eats plenty of fruits and vegetables but doesn't drink much.

The word knickers makes me LOL. :blush:

Yes I agree she could be constipated or she could be withholding. My DD does this and apparently little bits leak out or around the side which causes multiple messy pants per day :(

When she does go it is soft so she is not constipated but the theory goes that if it hurt once then she may have developed some fear it will hurt again and of course because she holds it in when she does go it is really big and so probably does hurt.

How long has been going on?

We have been trying a few things the HV advised but none are working so will be calling her again.

She messed her knickers again after I put her to bed, I sat her on the potty and then she did a normal poo, not like a constipated one.

Its been going on for about a week, although not every day.

Gah I hope this doesn't continue, we on a cruise this weekend - don't fancy having to clean poo out of knickers in the toilets there!

Perhaps she had a poo that hurt and had been holding it in case it hurt again - hence the constant dirty knickers xx

Must be something like that. Need to try and convince her it won't hurt again I guess.

Here you can get training pads to stick in their knickers, maybe you could try those until it resolves. We tried them and they saved us loads of washing but then DD started wetting herself agaun and we think it may have been down to the pads so we stopped using them, back to washing again for us :(

Haven't seen anything like training pads here. Today has been ok so far though.

Is she stressed about anything that can cause things like this. Hope it sorts it's self soon.

Is she stressed about anything that can cause things like this. Hope it sorts it's self soon.

She is most likely stressed, that's why I thought regression to begin with because she's acting out in other ways too but then constipation and/or painful poo seems like a simpler explanation. Maybe its a bit of both. She's not regressing with wees though.

It still could have been constipation. My DD usually has a normal poop after those pellets. If it's constipation it can easily happen again.

No accidents today so fingers crossed it was just constipation or withholding because of pain and she's past it now.

I think they just go through phases.
They are only small and don't have the same thought process as adults.
My DS has been pooing on the floor (in the toilet) the past couple of says and he cant say why. I guess it's just a phase and I've started sitting him on the toilet myself again now to see if that helps :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->