potty training when she wont tell me she needs to go

xcharx

Reaction score
hi ladies, need some advice!
im pretty sure my DD is ready to potty train but she doesnt tell me when she needs to wee/pooh, she just happily goes and sits on the potty or toilet by herself. im worried if were out then she wont say anything and just wet/soil herself. every time she uses the potty or toilet i always say 'oh do u need a wee wee' and she just says 'yea' lol but she still wont give me warning! i did consider putting her in pull ups if we need to go out but the HV advised not too as apparently there confusing?
any advice ladies? or is it just one of them things were you just bite the bullet & do it?!

Ds1 was a bit older when we started toilet training but I had the same anxieties as he would not say he needed to go to start with. I didn't put him in pull ups as I didn't want to confuse matters. Usually I'd just make sure he had a wee before we left the house and take spare clothes just in case. He has never had an accident when we've been out and about and he did actually tell me in the supermarket that he needed to go which took me completely by surprise.

Well, at home she knows where things are. If you're out, she will need to tell you since she won't necessarily know where to go. I say bring extra clothes and give it a go!

Thank you for the advice ladies!!
Today im aiming for no nappy all day! We don't need to go out today so keeping my fingers crossed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->