Potty training????

Babybum35

Reaction score
My dd who is just under 2.5 is potty training. We started last week when I would let her go without a diaper for a bit. She had a accident once per day for the first 3 days and for the second 2 of those days held it for hours. She gave me obvious cues of discomfort and would cry and say mama lots while having her accidents. Now a week in she goes potty all the time on the potty and hasn't had an accident for 3 days or so. However when it comes to poop its a different story. She has regular bm like once or twice a week and the other night was her first while potty training she gave no cues it was happening and now I have skid mark panties. I put on her night time diaper and she went again. Didn't say anything about needing to go. I know #2 is harder to train with but I don't know how I can encourage poop on the potty if I don't realize its happening... Any advice??? Also we still breastfeed mostly from 8pm to 9am with one or two sessions at nap time and because we co sleep/ bedshare its been hard to wean so I'm wondering how to encourage her to start self weaning?? I'm ttc#2 and am about a year in and I think if she was weaned more wed get preggo. I'm getting frustrated so any advice is welcome

Do you use any type of reward? My son got small stickers for pee and bigger (around 1 inch) stickers for poo. I also gave him tons of verbal praise. He had a few cues but really he decided the stickers were worth it. He only needed them 2-3 weeks at most.

Do you use any type of reward? My son got small stickers for pee and bigger (around 1 inch) stickers for poo. I also gave him tons of verbal praise. He had a few cues but really he decided the stickers were worth it. He only needed them 2-3 weeks at most.

She gets skittles or mini m $ms and since she's just barely started and is doing well with pee we've gone to do a ride she liked a couple of times. We talk all the time about how prod I am of her getting all her potty in the potty but she needs to do the same with her poops... I've even told her if she goes poop on the potty she can have 2 treats and she'll sit on it far and get up...so I am at a loss

Yea, it's a hard one. It might be one to just give time. My nephew was horrible to poop in the potty. He held it every time until bedtime when he got a diaper. He is 3.5 and still sometimes struggles with it, especially if he's not at home.

When we potty trained my DD it was a lot harder for her to do poops, she would hold it in until she gave herself a tummy ache and then would poop in her diaper at night time. I don't know if this is recommended, but one morning I fed her a huge tin of pureed prunes to basically force her to get the poop out since she had been holding it in for three days (she normally goes daily). Sure enough she started passing a lot of gas in the afternoon so we sat on the potty watching Paw Patrol on the iPad and reading stories for over an hour and then she had a massive poop. She cried a bit because I think she was scared, so she got tons of praise and we danced around and sang until she was all excited about it. That was all it took, the one time to go on the potty and now she goes on the potty every time and isn't scared or anxious about it anymore. It takes a while, she'll say she has to poop and run to the potty and nothing happens, this goes on over and over for about 30 min until she finally goes. I think she can feel it in her tummy but isn't exactly sure when it's ready to come out.

If you can get her to sit on the potty everyday and just relax for a bit, read a book or watch TV that can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->