potty training

M

mummyjadey

what age did you start potty training and how did you do it, should i start mine now?

I introduced the potty when Chloe was about 1yr 10mth, took a lot of perseverance and hard work but we got there in about 3wks. x

Hi,

Start by putting him on the potty/loo when he wakes up in the morning and then again before he gets in the bath. Do that for a couple of weeks and then if he shows signs of wanting to wear pants go for it. Every time he goes on the potty praise him loads. You must stay at home for a few days. If after 3 days there is no improvement then give up for 1 or 2 months and then try again. When they are ready he will crack it in 2 or 3 days.
Boys I normally start when they are nearer 2.6 years but every child is different.

Good Luck

what age did you start potty training and how did you do it, should i start mine now?

just over 2 just after i had my second daughter. it took a good couple of weeks

Hi,

Start by putting him on the potty/loo when he wakes up in the morning and then again before he gets in the bath. Do that for a couple of weeks and then if he shows signs of wanting to wear pants go for it. Every time he goes on the potty praise him loads. You must stay at home for a few days. If after 3 days there is no improvement then give up for 1 or 2 months and then try again. When they are ready he will crack it in 2 or 3 days.
Boys I normally start when they are nearer 2.6 years but every child is different.

Good Luck

hey thanks yer ill try that out il prob do it after christmas get that out the way first lol xx

OH's mother kept going on and on how Colton should be started soon and completley potty trained by ONE!
She swears up and down OH was potty trained at 1. Although, he must have been crawling to the toilet because she also said he didn't walk until 14-15 months. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->