Pox Party?!

ayshahudson

Mum & TTC no.2!
Reaction score
My OH told me about these, it's where parents infect their children with chickenpox on purpose instead of vaccinate them! :?
Has anyone been to one or planning one?

I heard this to and i think i had one when i was younger , where i was put near someone with chicken pox at it was better to get out of the way then have it when i was older, although i woudnt put my children to one. They will enventually get one and if they dont when they are atleast 12 i might just chuck them in somewhere with chicken pox :lol: cos its better to catch when they are children then adults.

Wouldnt do it for a baby though ;)

Oh really? Is there any benefit of doing this over vaccinating? Sounds a bit nuts to me, but is there a good reason for it? :wacko:

Ok - I've done a bit of googling and everything says not to do it - so I think I will trust my instincts and stay far away. Sounds like craziness to me.

Just remember it is possible to have chicken pox twice so it doesnt always work.
I didnt catch chicken pox untill i was 22!!
i have had german measels and mumps which wasnt too nice.

yeah they used to do it with chicken pox, measels..etc. It does kind of, in a sick twisted way make sense. But think i'll pass!

Chicken Pox is not routinely vaccinated against in the UK. I've taken Kaya to visit a kid with chicken pox before in the hope that she got it (she didn't). I'd rather she got it when she's wee as they don't suffer from it as much. By the way I've had it 3 times! lol

My mother did that when we were younger... She brought us to friends that had chicken pox. I think I was about 4-5 years old. I think it's a bit freaky, but as said it is much better to get it when you are young! I remember a guy getting it in high school and omg he got teased so much !

My mom did that with both my sister and I .... This way we had it in the summer while we were out of school and still young....

I had it when I was 6 days old - and was perfectly fine. x

thing is tough, once you know a child has chicken pox they aren't really contagious anymore so whether it works them being close his hit and miss

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->