PP abnormal menstruation/bleeding

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Hey all! Hoping someone might be able to shed some light on what's going on. My doctor hasn't gotten back to me, but I have a telephone appointment tomorrow.

Background
Before getting an IUD, my periods may as well have been Old Reliable. Down to the HOUR, I knew when to expect them. Even reacting to birth control, it was predictable coming on and off of medication. 27 days and 32 the first cycle off bcp.

After I had my IUD (Paragard, non-hormonal), my periods were a bit longer and ovulation jumped around a bit. My periods were anywhere from 24 days to 30 days. But I got pregnant, had a healthy pregnancy and delivery, and a beautiful almost 2 year old son.

After I had my son, I had a Depo Shot September '17, December '17, and March '18.
I pumped until mid March '18 when my supply went basically dry on me/the lease was up on my pump.

September rolls around, and no period. So doctor gives me medoxyprogesterone to kick start them. Doesn't work within two weeks, but right as I'm about to go in over it I get a period.
10/18-10/21
11/30-12/3 (43 day cycle)
1/8-1/11 (39 day cycle)
2/14-2/17 (37 day cycle)

Why I am concerned:
The cycle length is not normal for me, but I assume it's just my body getting used to things again.

During my periods, I don't get cramps. I get sharp pains. They aren't bad, a 1 on the 10 point pain scale.

The last few cycles I have started to spot mid cycle. It started as just passing a random clot, no pad needed. Then it was passing more clots, still no pad needed. And not I'm bleeding to the point I need a thin pad for three days and every time I wipe there's fresh, red blood. I am a little crampy just now, but nothing unusual. It can't even be a period because my luteal phase is 12 days, and I passed my first clot on CD 12. I would have had to ovulate the day I started my last period.

I have been getting unexplained abdominal pain for months. I complained to my gyn and PCP. Both examined me and basically said nothing is wrong, and kind of insinuated that the pain I was describing doesn't make sense and can't be real. So I felt like I was crazy. But they told me this about my ankle, and turned out I have HELLA scar tissue there. So my faith in Kaiser diagnostics is a little shot lol. It just feels like whatever weirdness is going on in there seems to be getting progressively worse. I'm still not like code red alarmed, but I don't know.

When my gyn did scan me back in September, there was a small dark spot on the US. At first I flipped out that it was a gestational sac (which makes no sense because I haven't had sex since my son was 2 months old), but she said just fluid and that it would come out when I had a period. No big deal. Totally normal to have fluid in the uterus.

So I was wondering if anybody has any thoughts.

Last edited:
Yeah. She just emailed me back and said the bleeding is not normal so let’s do another round of progesterone? Like wtf. My phone call is with a different doctor and keeping an eye out for appointments in clinic with my old gyn.

Why are they giving you hormones, I don't understand. They should be swabbing you for infections, getting bloods drawn and booking scans to check your cervix etc.

When this happened to me (6months after stopping breastfeeding) I got period one month, the next no period, the next a period and two weeks later another period, the after that some random very light bleeds (pinkish) on and off for a few days on, off, on, off and this went on for a few months. Nothing on swabs nothing on scans. It went back to normal after about 6 months.

Idk my gyn is a moron. I have since switched. They ran a bunch of blood tests and aside from apparently being prediabetic, everything was fine. So doctor ordered an ultrasound, and everything looked healthy. Then the doc nonchalantly goes this is very common with PCOS and weight gain. To which I replied who tf has PCOS. Apparently I do and it’s bedn in my chart but Not in my online medical record?

So they said lose weight if I don’t want hormones.

Since posting I have bled
2/26-3/4 (12 day cycle)
3/13 (just spotting)
3/29-? (Quite a bit of blood)

But none of these bleeds feel like a period so it’s been 43 days since what I believe was my true period

Wow, can't believe they never told you! Well I hope now you know about the PCOS you can start learning a bit more about it and what might help.

Ty! It is nice to know it’s not something worse. But I didn’t know there was so much bleeding with PCOS. Idk and it seems weird that I have been diagnosed with it for years but the abnormal bleeding just started. Shrugs could just be the baby then gaining 30lbs exacerbated things like they say

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->