PP bleeding question

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
I had my DD 5 & a half weeks ago and I'm a little stumped RE bleeding.

PP bleeding stopped at about 3 and half weeks and followed the pattern of red pink brown yellow/clear and then stopped altogether. At 4 and a weeks it started up again, first brown and now it's bright red again :wacko: at first I thought it was AF, but my periods are really painful and I have no pain whatsoever. No fever (although still suffering PP sweating at night), there's no smell to it and I'd say medium flow as in I'm not filling a pad an hour which seems to be something to look for when I googled.

Just wondered if this was normal? My HV is out tomorrow & I have my 6 week check next week so I'll mention it just wondering if it's something I should be seen for. With DD1 I bled for 4 weeks and when it stopped it stopped so have no experience of stop start bleeding.

Are you breastfeeding? I didn't experience the start/stop bleeding before until this baby. I thought I'd be done but a few days later start bleeding again for a day or so and then nothing for a few more days. Crazy. I've been officially done now for a couple of weeks but still had brown spotting yesterday. My midwife says it's normal especially if nursing. You could mention it at your appointment but unless it's super heavy and you are in pain, I think it might be normal.

No she's FF. I did google it and it came up quite often that it happens with BFing because nursing causes the uterus to contract which can cause a bleed but I can't find anything with regards to bleeding and FF :wacko:

No she's FF. I did google it and it came up quite often that it happens with BFing because nursing causes the uterus to contract which can cause a bleed but I can't find anything with regards to bleeding and FF :wacko:

Ohhhhh OK sorry :/ I don't know much about what's normal then. It still could be. As far as healing goes, I did read that with each baby it tends to take longer. I totally misread and thought your appointment was tomorrow. Sorry! A bit sleep deprived lol I think with both breastfed and FF one thing is the same and that is that bleeding can stop but if you are doing too much then it can restart again. Did your activity level increase at all? Are you able to rest and put your feet up some?

Ohhhhh OK sorry :/ I don't know much about what's normal then. It still could be. As far as healing goes, I did read that with each baby it tends to take longer. I totally misread and thought your appointment was tomorrow. Sorry! A bit sleep deprived lol I think with both breastfed and FF one thing is the same and that is that bleeding can stop but if you are doing too much then it can restart again. Did your activity level increase at all? Are you able to rest and put your feet up some?

No you're right I do have an appointment tomorrow (also sleep deprived so I feel your pain haha), I have been doing more but mostly because I feel OK otherwise. I said to my husband I'm going to take a few days to sit and rest whilst DD1 is at school and see if that could be the cause I'm just paranoid when it comes to blood!

No you're right I do have an appointment tomorrow (also sleep deprived so I feel your pain haha), I have been doing more but mostly because I feel OK otherwise. I said to my husband I'm going to take a few days to sit and rest whilst DD1 is at school and see if that could be the cause I'm just paranoid when it comes to blood!

I don't blame you! I hate this part.. Never really sure what is normal. I hope you get an answer at your appointment and rest does the trick. I know every time bleeding stopped and I was feeling better I'd definitely be doing more and it would start again so I think it can definitely be that. Let me know what they say at the appointment! And hope you manage to get some sleep :hugs:

I had the same at a similar time to you. I was ff too. It lasted a few days then faded away again. I had another small bleed about 3/4 weeks ago that I thought was a back but never got more than a liner.

I had the same from trying to do too much too soon, rest made it slow down and stop again.

Assuming all else seems fine (no fever/chills, no strange smell, etc.), then yes, that sounds pretty normal. Mine went almost completely away and then started up bright red again around 4/5 weeks for several days and then trailed off. It wasn't my period as I never got a period until I 'forced' them by going back on the pill at 5 months (which wasn't even a real period). I think anything up to 6 weeks is pretty normal, as long as it's not heavy or containing large clots and you have no signs of infection, and it's pretty normal for it to come back much heavier around the 4 week mark.

I'm 12 weeks post partum & been back and to to the docs with bleeding the last couple of weeks. I've been told it's very normal and some bodies take longer than others to readjust.

However I did end up with other symptoms a couple of days ago and have retained placenta. But at 4-5 weeks PP I wouldn't worry if no other symptoms xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->