Pp weight loss?

Joss_Taylor

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips on losing the last bit of baby weight? I gained about 55 lbs when I was pregnant, most of which was in the 3rd trimester. I didn't even start to look pregnant till I was about 20 weeks. I'm 8 weeks Pp now and I've lost about 40lbs :happydance:. I feel great about it but I still want to lose that last 15. I already had 15 that I was trying to lose before I got pregnant (to get back down to my high school weight). So now I've got 30lbs that don't seem to want to come off. Surprisingly my stomach doesn't seem that flabby, it was always flat to began with, I just seem a little thicker. Does anyone have any tips to lose some of the weight? My fiancé and I've got less than a year before our high school reunion.

I follow weight watchers and exercise when I can and I'm loosing a out 2lb a week x

I'm doing slimming world and have lost 20 pounds at the rate of about 2 pounds a week (some weeks lost less!), back to pre pregnancy weight now but was about 10 pounds over my ideal when I got pregnant so hopefully that will be gone soon!! Started the 30 day shred but knackered my ankle so bit immobile at the mo! Slimming world is great so much food and you still loose weight!
Good luck!

I'm already below my pre pregnancy weight since about 2 weeks PP. I had almost no appetite though after being used to feeding two boys. Are you breastfeeding at all as that can help?

I feel like I am in the exact same boat as you. I've been walking a lot and want to start the 30 day shred video (Jillian Michaels). I did this video before Mexico one year and was in the best shape of my life. Tried to start it a few weeks ago and I don't think my body was ready :p

Does anyone have any tips on losing the last bit of baby weight? I gained about 55 lbs when I was pregnant, most of which was in the 3rd trimester. I didn't even start to look pregnant till I was about 20 weeks. I'm 8 weeks Pp now and I've lost about 40lbs :happydance:. I feel great about it but I still want to lose that last 15. I already had 15 that I was trying to lose before I got pregnant (to get back down to my high school weight). So now I've got 30lbs that don't seem to want to come off. Surprisingly my stomach doesn't seem that flabby, it was always flat to began with, I just seem a little thicker. Does anyone have any tips to lose some of the weight? My fiancé and I've got less than a year before our high school reunion.

I don't really have any advice as I'm in the same boat. I weighed 150-160 last summer when I was working with kids at a summer camp and it looked really good on me. After that gig ended, I put on weight and was 175 by the time I got pregnant in November. And being pregnant in a freezing climate, I ate a ton and gained weight during my first and second trimesters a lot. By the time I delivered 2 weeks ago, my weight was 239. I was really mortified. I am getting weighed tomorrow for the first time since then, and I'm scared that I will only weigh ten pounds less. Although I know that can't be true since my son weighed 9.5 pounds alone, and the placenta and other fluid must have weighed something!
My plan is to join the local YMCA when I'm around 6 weeks PP, and utilize their cheap daycare system while I get in a few workouts per week. I also want to try working out at home, but I'm lost on where/how to get started.

Breastfeed but be careful not to eat loads of high calorie foods. And walk loads with the buggy or sling. Works for me, I seem I be losing exactly what baby is gaining! Just takes willpower in my case, lol!

I had a sickness bug and lost half a stone in 24 hours, which helped me no end :haha:

Seriously though, at 8 weeks pp you more than likely still have extra fluid that weighs a fair bit. Your body naturally stores fat and fluid in preparation for childbirth and breastfeeding and, whether you are breastfeeding or not, that can take a while to shift. It just takes time... I would recommend not doing anything drastic as far as your food intake is concerned, your body will continue to store fat if you don't eat regularly.

I've lost about 40lb and have about 5lb to go. I had excess fluid tho so I think a lot of my weight was due to fluid and the rest I've lost because I don't have the appetite I used to and don't seem to have time to cook nice meals anymore :/

I just joined "stroller bootcamp" which involves the stroller at a local park and weight training with other Mom's on maternity leave...
It starts in September and I am super excited. Up until now I have just been walking and trying to keep moving. Losing about 2lbs per week with 15 to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->