PPH with first delivery, meeting consultant soon..

Mummatobe

Mum of 1
Reaction score
Hi,
I had a post partum haemorrhage with my first birth, throughout my pregnancy i was fit and well. I was in labour for 27 hours and gave birth to my daughter in the birthing pool. The following day i had to have a blood transfusion as i lost so much blood.
Im meeting the consultant in a few weeks time as my midwife has put me as medium risk, as there could be a possibility it could happen again.

Has anyone experienced a PPH?
Has it happened again after the 1st time?

Any comments i should ask the consultant when i see him/her?
Also im 16 weeks and haven't felt any movements yet, my midwife has said the placenta may be at the front so may not feel anything for a while. I should probably mention this to the consultant.

thanks in advance xx

Hey I to had a pph, mine was immediately after birth. I have been put on a low risk pregnancy and high risk birth so I will have a consultant however there's been no mention of a pre Labour meeting so I would be interested to find out what happens at yours.

My midwife told me that I would birth in the delivery suite and I would be put on an increasing dose of coagulant throughout Labour and then I will be given a big dose as soon as I deliver to prevent bleeding.

However from the scientific evidence I've found there doesn't seem to be a massively increased risk of it happening again it's just a precaution.

I had it with my first right after I delivered and didn't have any problem at all with my second.

I had a massive pph after 24 hours in labour and an emcs and I ended up in icu without my baby as I was so ill. It was really scary.

This time I've been told that they will proactively manage me so they will have drugs ready and will give them to me as soon as my baby is delivered whether I bleed or not just to be sure. They have said they are happy for me to try a vbac or have a planned section, they seem really laid back about it which has given me more confidence.

Also I felt movement with my first pregnancy around 16 weeks so was expecting the same or earlier this time, but I had an anterior placenta so didn't feel anything until closer to 20 weeks this time. I'm sure you will feel baby soon but I know the waiting is worrying. X

I had a PPH with my second baby. No mention at all of any meetings or preventative measures to stop it happening this time!

I had pph with my first - I was in labour for over 24 hrs and my uterus was exhausted and not contracting as it should following birth.

I had a convo with my OB about this and we will be talking a lot more as I approach delivery about how to manage the labour and delivery this time around.

I had a pph straight after my second child, iv never been so weak!

I was put at risk with my third and couldn't have a home birth because of it but ended up with a perfect labour and delivery! I do think I pph because they gave me diamorphine without checking how far I was and I delivered 30 mins later x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->