pram dilema

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
My daughter will be 21 months when new baby is born, and since we dont drive we need a double pram. Just wondering a few things...

Where does credit or payment plans in UK? Or should I save up and go buy one nearer the time? Do prams take weeks/months to arrive?!

I'm already scouring gum tree for good preloved items, but if you really want new then Argos would be somewhere I'd start with x

My daughters pram was second hand and ive been looking for another second hand one but feel crappy about it. Almost everything my daughter had was sexond hand and everything this baby will have will be second hand. Is that bad? Or am I being silly?xxx

Mothercare do payment plans. I wouldn't worry about buying second hand I think most people do.

I don't have any issues about buying second hand, the way I see it the budget isn't infinite so making savings on good used things means being able to treat the family to other things that we couldn't if it'd all been spent on more expensive new items. Or, being able to afford a higher quality pram etc for the same money as a less good new one. If that makes sense.

I also dislike waste and if an item has useful life in it it is a big shame not to use it.

Obvs there's going to be some items we prefer to buy new eg cot mattress etc but most things are perfectly good second hand x

Thanks ladies. I think ill keep hunting for ones on ebay and gumtree. Anyone got any ideas on whats best? I dont want a side by side but not a fan of those ones eith toddler seat right underneath. Seems cruel to toddler xxx

I got a Mountain Buggy Duet second hand for £300. Been using it since DS2 was born and will continue using it for new baby as DD will have to walk then. It is a side by side double but it's worth a look as it's the narrowest one you can get and I've never had any problems getting it through doors/on buses.

We have enough money fora new stroller but that doesn't mean I'm going to buy a new one!! Second hand saves more $$ for my kids future and as long as it's in good condition, there's nothing wrong with it! There is something wrong with the mentality that you have to spend serious $$ so that a child doesn't have to have hand me downs. It's better to teach the virtues of being thrify & frugal so that you have food on the table, a roof over heads, maybe a vacation and a college fund rather than on everyday 'things'. Kids don't care about 'things', they want a stress free life and happy parents. I'm always happy as & clicking my heels together when I find fantastic deals. My most recent was finding pure wool sweaters for $3.99 at the local thrift store and I refreshed our pillow covers & made baby diaper covers out of them. You throw the sweaters in a hot washer to felt them and soak them in lanolin, then when pee hits the diaper cover they absorb and don't cause rash because lanolin has anti microbial properties. They're warm too for our Canadian winters.
Happy second hand shopping for a double pram, I hope you get exactly the thing you're looking for!

We have enough money fora new stroller but that doesn't mean I'm going to buy a new one!! Second hand saves more $$ for my kids future and as long as it's in good condition, there's nothing wrong with it! There is something wrong with the mentality that you have to spend serious $$ so that a child doesn't have to have hand me downs. It's better to teach the virtues of being thrify & frugal so that you have food on the table, a roof over heads, maybe a vacation and a college fund rather than on everyday 'things'. Kids don't care about 'things', they want a stress free life and happy parents. I'm always happy as & clicking my heels together when I find fantastic deals. My most recent was finding pure wool sweaters for $3.99 at the local thrift store and I refreshed our pillow covers & made baby diaper covers out of them. You throw the sweaters in a hot washer to felt them and soak them in lanolin, then when pee hits the diaper cover they absorb and don't cause rash because lanolin has anti microbial properties. They're warm too for our Canadian winters.
Happy second hand shopping for a double pram, I hope you get exactly the thing you're looking for!

100% agree!

I got a pair of as new condition maternity trousers for 99p today in a charity shop! :happydance:

Who cares if it's used :) babies use things for such a small amount of time it's worth being a little bit thrifty!

We are eyeing up the mountain buggy duet :)
We will probably be buying it new though, as it just had a re release and i much prefer the newer model. It's a struggle with doubles; either one gets stuck in seat tucked away under the other one (phil nds teds style) or you end up with something that feels like a train to push (baby jogger city select)

I like the bugaboo donkey the best if i am being honest; the the duet came in close second but its price put it over the top!

The donkey could easily total 1400 pounds. (same price as my car) :/
So i decided no no no no

It's a struggle with doubles; either one gets stuck in seat tucked away under the other one (phil nds teds style) or you end up with something that feels like a train to push (baby jogger city select)

Agreed about it feeling like you're pushing a train. My gf got the City Select and the wheelbase on it was super long, she couldn't turn the thing at the park with 2 kids in it. I had to laugh because she also told me it was lighter than the one I want (Britax Bready) and the Bready is actually lighter. We live in Canada so I also thing big wheels are going to be important to being able to maneuver in snow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->