• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pram : Mothercare Mychoice or Spin??!

louise85

Reaction score
I really like the look of both these prams/combi's I just can't make my mind up which one I prefer, anybody else looked at them or bought either?

Theres only a £30 price difference so that doesn't make it any easier, someone help!! lol

xx

Yeah I think I'm edging more towards the spin, thank girls :thumbup:

xx

I like the spin and we were going to go for this one, but then we saw the icandy peach and the babystyle oyster. we are still undecided between these too .... have you seen either of these ?

I like the spin and we were going to go for this one, but then we saw the icandy peach and the babystyle oyster. we are still undecided between these too .... have you seen either of these ?

I have seen the oyster briefly in a magazine and like the look of it on the website, but there was no prices??!! So i figured it must be ridiculous :dohh:

xxx

I have seen the oyster briefly in a magazine and like the look of it on the website, but there was no prices??!! So i figured it must be ridiculous :dohh:

xxx

We got a quote for the push chair, the carry cot, the car seat and adaptors for 460£. The car seat itself is 115 pounds normally - maxi cosy. This price was including a 10% discount

Thanx hunny, I'll have a look into that one cuz it does look nice!! oooooo its all getting exciting now!! :happydance:

xx

We were quite set on the Mothercare Spin, in fact had made up our minds that this was the pram for us, but a few things have put us off.

1. You have to remove the seat off of the chasis to be able to fold it down. This is the same for all Mothercare prams. It may not bother you, but to be able to take the seat off, you need to take the baby out of the pram. I live in a maisonette with a very narrow hallway (really just a square big enough to open the door). How am I going to be able to take the baby out, hold it, then remove the seat and fold the pram with one hand...???

2. The car seat is tiny, and the saleslady at Mothercare said it probably won't last beyond 9 months, whereas others such as the Maxi-Cosi are bigger and can last up until about a year.

3. The car seat doesn't come with a base that you can click the car seat into. You can only use the Spin car seat on the pram.

4. The car seat is very upright, if you compare the angle of it to other car seats, which usually have padding in it to help recline the newborn more, which can be removed as the baby grows bigger.

5. The pram itself weighs 13 kgs, whereas the Mamas and Pappas Pliko Switch, for example, is only 10 kgs, is much easier to fold down than the Spin and can be folded down with the seat on.

So we're kinda back to square one on choosing a pram now!!

S.

We were quite set on the Mothercare Spin, in fact had made up our minds that this was the pram for us, but a few things have put us off.

1. You have to remove the seat off of the chasis to be able to fold it down. This is the same for all Mothercare prams. It may not bother you, but to be able to take the seat off, you need to take the baby out of the pram. I live in a maisonette with a very narrow hallway (really just a square big enough to open the door). How am I going to be able to take the baby out, hold it, then remove the seat and fold the pram with one hand...???

2. The car seat is tiny, and the saleslady at Mothercare said it probably won't last beyond 9 months, whereas others such as the Maxi-Cosi are bigger and can last up until about a year.

3. The car seat doesn't come with a base that you can click the car seat into. You can only use the Spin car seat on the pram.

4. The car seat is very upright, if you compare the angle of it to other car seats, which usually have padding in it to help recline the newborn more, which can be removed as the baby grows bigger.

5. The pram itself weighs 13 kgs, whereas the Mamas and Pappas Pliko Switch, for example, is only 10 kgs, is much easier to fold down than the Spin and can be folded down with the seat on.

So we're kinda back to square one on choosing a pram now!!

S.

O thank you for that!! So you can't fold the pushchair down if it's set up as the pram for example, you have to take it all apart??!!

Hmmmm looks like thats not such a good choice after all!!

xxx

Thats what put me off too, and it means they take up loads of bootspace!

We have gone for the loola up - this is from someone who had about 15 buggies previously, we paid £244.00 from the pramcentre online for the buggy with hood and raincover and car seat xx

Things i personally feel are important to consider are:

Size when folded
Too many contraptions when changing from one option to another
Having to lift the whole thing off to collapse - a definate no no for me!
Will it suit them when they are say 2 years old
Is it forward and rear facing
Ease of use
Weight
Where do you put your shopping
Ease when pushing and holding another childs hand

We have gone for the loola up - this is from someone who had about 15 buggies previously, we paid £244.00 from the pramcentre online for the buggy with hood and raincover and car seat xx

Size when folded
Ease of use
Weight

Very good points there hunny, I don't think I've thought this through very well :dohh:

Is the loola also a lie flat pram? I haven't seen this one I don't think

xxx

I have just ordered the Mothercare My4, and although you have to take the seat unit off this one too in order to fold it up, it fits in my boot with a bit of room to spare.
I have a Smart Car!

O thank you for that!! So you can't fold the pushchair down if it's set up as the pram for example, you have to take it all apart??!!
xxx

Yes, that's exactly what it means!

S.

Size when folded
Ease of use
Weight

Very good points there hunny, I don't think I've thought this through very well :dohh:

Is the loola also a lie flat pram? I haven't seen this one I don't think

xxx

Hi ya, yes it lies completely flat.

If you wish you can also get a windoo carrycot to go on it (I would buy from ebay though as they are quite expensive) but to be honest i probably wont buy one as the car seat lies almost flat and fits on the buggy, nice an easy for transferring from the car.

I dont ususally push a buggy around for more than an hour or so anyway.

Loola sell 2 types the loola and the loola up, i went for the loola up because it is easier to push one handed.

xxxx

I have just ordered the Mothercare My4, and although you have to take the seat unit off this one too in order to fold it up, it fits in my boot with a bit of room to spare.
I have a Smart Car!

I have found this with previous buggies i have had, but if i have been to tescos and still got a large buggy in the back theres no room for food shopping!

xxxx

I have just ordered the My4. I love the fact the car seat fits right on to the chassis, so you can just use that instead of getting the carrycot bit out etc. Also, this looks like it will be useful as a make-do high chair for when baby is a bit bigger, if you are out and in a cafe or something. It is a maxi-cosi car seat which is one of the best makes and lasts until they are a bit older. The carrycot bit is useful as a standalone carrycot, and you can use it until the baby is a toddler - up to about 2 and a half.

It's not perfect...but it does everything I want it to.

I have the mychoice in green and i love it!! id recomend it too anyone!

With regard to mychoice, my friend has one, but she said if buying new today she would go for the spin, dont know what her reasons are though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->