• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pram : Mothercare Mychoice or Spin??!

Make sure you check which car seats fit your car before setting your heart on a pram/travel system. I have now got shortlist of travel systems I like but not making a final decision til we've had chance to check out the corresponding car seats.

As for what to go for, well there are so many! :dohh: I have heard quite a few people recommend the Loola/Loola Up so maybe see if that could be a suitable one for you. Some of the other ones on my list:

Obaby zezu - good value (kiddicare.com).
Mamas and Papas Skate - currently on offer on mamas and papas website.
Mura 3 (or 4) - less than half price on kiddicare at the mo! Heavier one but is all terrain - good if you will do lots of walking.

All of the above can face both ways and can be folded with/without seat unit. With the zezu and skate the seat unit converts to pram, with the mura you can get a separate pram unit or soft carrycot (soft carrycot cheaper option).

Just have a think about whats most important to you then hopefully you can start to narrow down the choices, good luck :winkwink:

Btw - I know someone with the mothercare mychoice and they are v happy with it....just depends if you are happy having to always remove the seat to fold down...again it just depends on your needs.

Our Mothercare My4 got delivered today with Maxi Cosi carseat. I got it in black in the end, as I think it has a classier edge to it. Im waiting for my fiance to get home, before we take it out of the box so I can play with it, I am so excited. Anyone who knows me on this forum will say that I have had a nightmare picking a pram. I originally wanted the Icandy Peach but when it got down to it, I just really didnt want to spend almost £900 on it when I have so much others things to get and 4D scan and what not. I then ordered the Mothercare Xcursion but found out that it didnt lie flat completely which was a big no no for me so I cancelled the order and went out shopping again. Last Saturday, we decided to go and have another look in Mothercare, and saw the My4. The handle bars are not very sturdy when you extend it, but Im only 5 foot 6 and I wont need it extended. The shopping basket is covered, so you wont get your shopping wet which was a big plus for me. It is also so lovely to push, the makers of My4 are Quinny which told me all I need to know about the design, basically your getting Quinny designers but your not getting the expensive price tag. We paid £470 for everything which I think is an absolute bargain and it comes with cosy toes, rain cover, head hugger e.t.c It is a really lovely pram :cloud9: I have found that you will never get ALL of the things you want in one pram. For example, the Quinny looks really nice but there is no shopping basket, you have to pay £20 extra for it and you would only fit a loaf of bread, and a pint of milk in it anyway. I have just realised I have babbled on loads. The Spin is a really nice pram also, but the lady in mothercare said the spin feature is cool, but realistically how much time are you actually going to spend spinning the baby round :haha: Hope I have helped a bit hun x x

Our Mothercare My4 got delivered today with Maxi Cosi carseat. I got it in black in the end, as I think it has a classier edge to it....
We paid £470 for everything which I think is an absolute bargain and it comes with cosy toes, rain cover, head hugger e.t.c It is a really lovely pram :cloud9:
I also bought the Mothercare My4 in black, with a cuppicino Maxicosi car seat.
We managed to get it for £425 though, as you get £45 off if you order instore, and the day we went in they also had a further £20 off the car seat if you bought the black or the cuppicino.
It should be delivered at the end of this week :happydance:

Eternal Rose: I am excited for you! I remember the other thread when you were trying to decide and changed to the my4. I can't wait to get mine - whichever one we end up going for! I would decide and order now but OH thinks we should wait til after 20w scan, so i am trying to be patient :dohh:

Have fun putting it all together later! xx

Ooooo thanx girls looks like the My4 might need to have a nosey at...can't say I know what it looks like, I'm gonna have a look now!!

Sounds like a decent price for absolutely everything too!!

xxx

P.S eternalrose, I get what you mean about the spin....not exactly gonna be using it as a roundabout for bubs!!! :dohh: hahaha

xxx

Our Mothercare My4 got delivered today with Maxi Cosi carseat. I got it in black in the end, as I think it has a classier edge to it....
We paid £470 for everything which I think is an absolute bargain and it comes with cosy toes, rain cover, head hugger e.t.c It is a really lovely pram :cloud9:
I also bought the Mothercare My4 in black, with a cuppicino Maxicosi car seat.
We managed to get it for £425 though, as you get £45 off if you order instore, and the day we went in they also had a further £20 off the car seat if you bought the black or the cuppicino.
It should be delivered at the end of this week :happydance:

Oh wow hun, you got a real bargain there :happydance:, we did order ours in store and we got the cappucino carseat as well, but we didnt get all that discount you were really lucky. I just had a look at the carseat, its so nice. Now that I have seen the quality, I dont think I would ever get a carseat thats not maxi cosi now..:blush:

Purple01- As soon as you have had your 20 week scan, get it! I swear, once you have the pram out the way life seems so much easier..:haha:

Louise85 - If its out of the Mychoice or the Spin I would definately get the Mychoice when you have a look at it, you will be amazed at how lovely it is to steer, it feels so light. x

Hi

I brought the mychoice 4 from a girl on here and it's fab! So easy to use (not with a baby in yet!!). It is quite big when folded, I can get it my boot (Astra) but I would imagine some smaller cars might be a squeeze.

I was put off the Spin by the fact you couldn't use an Isofix base with the car seat.

x

Hi

I brought the mychoice 4 from a girl on here and it's fab! So easy to use (not with a baby in yet!!). It is quite big when folded, I can get it my boot (Astra) but I would imagine some smaller cars might be a squeeze.

x

As said earlier - the My4 fits in te boot of my Smart Car no problem!

Hi

x

As said earlier - the My4 fits in te boot of my Smart Car no problem!

Sorry, didn't read all the posts!! :blush:

Agree with eternalrose about all the extras with some prams. Mamas and papas don't include anything and it's all pretty expensive when you add it up.

I noticed that with the mamas and papas.....I think it came to like £700 altogether, I was tempted by the silver cross 3D but I like the look of the more modern prams.

xx

I really like the MY3, have just read some poor reviews that talk about the front wheel sticking. Anyone had any experience of this?

Make sure you check which car seats fit your car before setting your heart on a pram/travel system. I have now got shortlist of travel systems I like but not making a final decision til we've had chance to check out the corresponding car seats.

As for what to go for, well there are so many! :dohh: I have heard quite a few people recommend the Loola/Loola Up so maybe see if that could be a suitable one for you. Some of the other ones on my list:

Obaby zezu - good value (kiddicare.com).
Mamas and Papas Skate - currently on offer on mamas and papas website.
Mura 3 (or 4) - less than half price on kiddicare at the mo! Heavier one but is all terrain - good if you will do lots of walking.

All of the above can face both ways and can be folded with/without seat unit. With the zezu and skate the seat unit converts to pram, with the mura you can get a separate pram unit or soft carrycot (soft carrycot cheaper option).

Just have a think about whats most important to you then hopefully you can start to narrow down the choices, good luck :winkwink:

Btw - I know someone with the mothercare mychoice and they are v happy with it....just depends if you are happy having to always remove the seat to fold down...again it just depends on your needs.

Oooh thanks for pointing me in the direction of the Mamas and Papas skate - I like the look of that one! It looks fairly compact when folded and (when I decided last year we weren't going to have anymore children...) I treated myself to an Astra twintop last year. I'm desperate to keep it but want something which will allow me to put the roof down when driving around town!

Does anyone have the skate? Looking for opinions (and aplogies for hijacking the thread!)

Hi,

just found this thread, as am starting to look for pram now too - my mam and dad are coming down to visit next week, and they have generously offered to buy it for us, so need to do my research now!

I also have an astra twin top pandv, and obv don't want to get rid of it!
So am looking for something that'll fit in it!

Really like the look of the mama's and papa's switch, and its so light, even I can lift it up, and looks like it should fit in my boot, obv need to check tho!
But am still trying to do more research, so will check out all the ones I've read about now one here!

katy xx

Hiya am in desperate needs for this pram willing to pay between 50 and 70 as not got alot money sorry and can pick it up plz txt 07922984370 or add me on fb hope rae thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->