Pram suggestions

BigPlans2010

Married with 2 furkids
Reaction score
It's a way off (still TTC) but I like to be prepared and put a budget together...
We've already seen nursery furniture we love, and I know what we would want from a pram/buggy. Soooo can you put forward the one's you have, and what you like/dislike about them.
Thanks!

We are looking for:
  • lightweight (I get backache)
  • two handles, rather than a bar (I want to be able to hook the dog lead over when walking)
  • as small as poss when folded
  • able to be a parent facing pram, and then forward facing buggy
  • decent shopping basket underneath
  • would like it to include a car seat (but doesn't HAVE to)

Not sure this meets the EXACT requirments you are looking for but here's what we have got:

https://www.babyfarm.ie/images/cosatto-mobi-cherry-pram-stroller-buggy.jpg

But we have it in Grey & Orange as we didnt know if we were having a girl or boy. Its also available in Blue.

The reason we bought this was because:

- Its a 3 wheeler with the front wheel lockable/swivle
- You get the moses cot, car seat & toddler seat and they all face backward & forwards
- Comes with rain cover, mosquito net, sun shade, tyre pump, foot muff, underneath basket, bottle cover & changing bag & travel changing mat.
- One handle which adjusts in height
- So easy to push and turn in small spaces (ideal for shopping!)
- And cosatto come with 4 year garentee

The pram is fab - i love it!!

But it does have some down falls;

- The handle is one bar rather than split and although its adjustable in height (im only small & OH is tall!) you've nowhere to hang shopping or put the lead for the dog. But to get over this we have bought a clip similar to this:

https://www.websticky.co.uk/eBay/mummy-clip-02-HR.jpg

- Although the pram folds down really easy and quite small it doesnt fold down with the carry cot/car seat/toddle seat on - you have to take apart. Due to this i've had to buy a small buggy for public transport

- The basket underneath is not very big - once you have the rain cover in it doesnt leave much room

Overall i would reccommend this - but would definately point out the down falls. At the time we bought it for £350 - but i'd definately shop around. It has since changed names to Cosatto Budi and changed its colours. I think cosatto are really cool and stylish and extreamly good for its money!

Our spare buggy, just out of interest is:

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41jMo3xdjRL._SX315_SY375_PImothercare10percentoff,BottomRight,-10,-10_SX315_SY375_.jpg

:)

We are looking for:
  • lightweight (I get backache)
  • two handles, rather than a bar (I want to be able to hook the dog lead over when walking)
  • as small as poss when folded
  • able to be a parent facing pram, and then forward facing buggy
  • decent shopping basket underneath
  • would like it to include a car seat (but doesn't HAVE to)

You have just described a Silvercross 3D or mamas and papas Pliko!!

I don't really have anything to say about the Pliko as I never had one, but my first pram with Jason was a Silvercross 3D in Jet sport. It is a reasonably light pram IMO with the two handles you would like. It can be a parent facing pram or a pushchair. The shopping basket is ok although not the buggest and can be a bit awkward to access when the buggy is prammette mode. It can folded when in pushchair mode or prammette mode and its quite small. We had a peugeot 206 at the time and it tucked into the boot nicely.

The Silvercross is compatable with the Silvercross Ventura carseat which we had. It is quite a heavy carseat though and makes the pushchair quite weighty when in travel system mode. The carseat is really nice looking though and has a hood and apron.

All in all, it is IMO a nice system. It seems to tick your required boxes. The only other 2 things to bring to light is that the prammette mode will probably only do for a couple of months as it is quite small IMO (although I do have giant babies so I would get other opinions) and that when in pushchair mode the seat has great padding to support your baby.

Hope this helps :) :thumbup:

Attachments

• silverpram.jpg
    silverpram.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 0
  • silverbuggy.jpg
    silverbuggy.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 0
  • silverventura.jpg
    silverventura.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 0
I've got the mummy clib, it's fab. I couldn't live without it. x

How about something like the Mamas & Papas Switch?? Its the same as the pramette in most ways but better as the seat unit is rear & forward facing

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-switch-couture-black/185617900/type-i/

They are lovely and seem to pretty much fit what you are looking for x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"