Pre-e question

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
On Monday I had blood and urine taken because I've been having floaters in my vision, heart pounding randomly, a general feeling of off and there was protein in my urine. (only +1)

My blood pressure has been staying about normal and she felt my liver and said it felt normal.

This morning I'm feeling anxious as there's a mild pain in my right ribs down at the bottom, but baby girl was kicking both left and right side of my ribs early this morning so maybe that's why it's sore. Took my blood pressure and it isn't high but it's higher than my normal so now I'm feeling anxious about it. My midwife isn't open for another 2 hours. I just need assurance that I'm probably alright and that's what they'll tell me when I call in 2 hours. I don't think I need to call their pager although I'm feeling super anxious right now.

A girlfriend of mine developed eclampsia very suddenly over the weekend and had to deliver her LO early so I feel even more on high alert over pre-e.

Thanks ladies.

Go in to I developed pre e suddenly and it was a deadly level I was delivered quickly by c section for fears of stroke and seizures. I had no symptoms and you already have a few I wouldn't wait it's better safe then sorry

I agree with the above lady it was fatal for me too, I However had the seizures, It comes on very quick, rib pain is a sign of it too x

Rib pain is a sign of a pre-eclampsia variant called HELLP syndrome, but it's not a mild pain like most women get in pregnancy from the baby kicking and from the rib cage expanding, it's a 'can't think, can't breathe, this is the world ending' type of pain.

I wouldn't worry about waiting the 2 hours but I would have a word for reassurance.

Go in to I developed pre e suddenly and it was a deadly level I was delivered quickly by c section for fears of stroke and seizures. I had no symptoms and you already have a few I wouldn't wait it's better safe then sorry

I was the same and also asymptomatic. It's always better to be checked out with these things. Thinking about you.

So far things are fine, I'm continuing to monitor my blood pressure and I think the floaters in my vision had to do with iron because since taking the iron supplements I don't have them as often. Although I'm a lot more cautious at paying attention to any rib pain that occurs, so far it's just baby feet because it only lasts moments rather than chronic. Thank you ladies for your input! It all definitely helped me calm down, especially after speaking with my midwife. They'll be keeping an eye on my urine and keep checking in on my liver.

How are you going?

Vision problems with PE doesn't really include "seeing stars" that's usually an iron problem is that what you meant when you say "floaters'?

Anyway i hope it's continued to behave. How have your other symptoms been? Hows your BP been?

My bp stays in the normal range so far, although I have moments when I have checked it when it's been a lot higher than normal so we're just keeping an eye on it and my urine. So far still in the clear :thumbup: Thank you for checking in :)

The floaters I saw were like squiggly lines dancing across my vision, not really stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->