Pre-Eclampsia .. AGAIN :'( delivery at 34 weeks?

mrsty

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
well after having my son at 33+4 due to pre-eclampsia last time and him spending 3 days on cpap but coming home after 11 days (which was great)
i thought this pregnancy was running smoothly until the last couple of weeks...
protein in 24 hr urine has now gone up to 6.3g, bp is under control with labetalol at the moment but consultant just wants to get me to 34 weeks and then deliver..

:cry: :cry:

so ladies..

i know i have experience in this but im terrified of scbu again cos its just so tearing.. but im just lookign for a little reassurance for how my little girl might cope at 34 weeks? what can i expect? im trying to be prepared this time so any stories or experiences you can share id much appreciate it ladies

:hugs: thanks for listening xx

Well you are what I was now when I had my girls! Lol.

I am sorry but I dont have any experience with pre-eclampsia. Hope someone can help you x

The other ladies on here are much better at explaining stuff than me, so I will leave it to them, but I should imagine you will experience similar things as last time.
I really really feel for you:hugs: Wishing you all the best x

:hugs: hun. So far I only have 1 baby, Matthew who was also born 33+4 due to the dreaded Pre-Eclampsia. He was 3lb 11 had CPAP the first 12 hours and staeyed a total of 17 days, his only ongoing issue is immunity.

As your being closely monitored you are in the best hands, your bump looks a great size for gestation so id imagine growth scans will give you an indication of expected birth weight. Dep how well your wee girl does at birth Id imagine she wont be in all that long if she gains weight steadily.

You will obv be taking the labetalol until after baby is born and prob have the steroid injections the next few weeks to develop her lungs.

Hopefully if you are well rested and feeling ok you may be able to press for hospital bedrest for a bit longer as every extra day makes all the difference. Sorry I dont have any more specific etails for you.

DonnaBallona and Bec are your girls to ask, Donna is about 30-31 weeks with baby no2 and almost at the gestation Brooke was delivered with severe pre-eclampsia as I think so far so good, she will be able to offer more specific details.

Good luck hun, hope your little lady gets to stay snug a little longer xx

thanks ladies... i have had steroid injections and so far her growth looks ok (having growth scans every 2 weeks) but amniotic fluid levels are low which is worrying the docs...
is it true that in general (obviously its diffeent for every baby) girls do slightly better as preemies than boys?
my hospital dont estimate weight from scands (against their policy) but she is right on the 50th centile so thats good :thumbup:
im so desperate to get to 37 weeks but doc kinda laughed and said shed be happy to just get me to 34 so im just trying to prepare myself..

my son when he was born at 33 weeks was 5lb10oz (which i know is unusually big) so i doubt that Ella will be that big but i am just so terrified of it all again :cry:

thanks again :hugs:

Apparently so!
I am not too confident on that though, I had twin girls who were born at 29 weeks and they were very good weights, so I am told anyway! Chloe was 3lb10oz and Jaycee was 3lb5oz! Apparently its the average weight of a 32-33 weeker. I had had a growth scan a week before which said the babies were 2lb exactly, Doctors think that there is no way they would have put on nearly 2lb in a week even if I had Gestational Diabetes which I didnt. My friend had a boy and a girl born at 25 weeks and the baby girl passed away and the boy fought on through and came home 16 weeks later!!
So my point is, every baby is different, Some babies can handle the fight whereas some cant. I think I would just take it easy and relax and if you are worried go in and see your MW.
x

Have a read through some of our stories on the VIP thread above you will see how well all the babies have come on. Also you only need to look at your son to see that prematurity does not rule their lives its something they battle with when teeny tiny but they work really hard and blossom into fantastic children :flower:

It may be worthwhile asking to visit SCBU/NICU again to get yourself prepared for your journey, they continually have advances in technology and really trying up modernise units that it may be different than your first time. I think mentally preparing yourself is a must if your Dr is concerened as sometimes the immediate shock is worse.

Mumof5 has been through this journey a few times now and will be able to relate to facing up to the journey again, although I have not seen her around lately.

Stick with us here next few weeks, well keep you company :friends: xx

Have a read through some of our stories on the VIP thread above you will see how well all the babies have come on. Also you only need to look at your son to see that prematurity does not rule their lives its something they battle with when teeny tiny but they work really hard and blossom into fantastic children :flower:

It may be worthwhile asking to visit SCBU/NICU again to get yourself prepared for your journey, they continually have advances in technology and really trying up modernise units that it may be different than your first time. I think mentally preparing yourself is a must if your Dr is concerened as sometimes the immediate shock is worse.

Mumof5 has been through this journey a few times now and will be able to relate to facing up to the journey again, although I have not seen her around lately.

Stick with us here next few weeks, well keep you company :friends: xx

Thanks guys :hugs: will have a look through the vip thread.. your all such brave ladies!
evrything about Hadyn (my son) care in scbu was fantastic so im sure baby will be fine i just want to be as prepared as i can be as it as all so quick last time i didnt have time to be prepared!

Thanks again :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->