Pre eclampsia signs already at 29 weeks :(

jessthemess

Reaction score
Two weeks ago I had a weird bout of dizziness and headaches and bright spots in my eyes. My blood pressure had surged a little. But then I was fine until yesterday!

Yesterday I'll be honest scared me. The vision part, with the lights and the disturbances, I basically couldn't see. I was at work trying to write on paper right in front of me but I couldn't see my own handwriting. I drank a ton of water and relaxed until it went away about two hours later. Then I called my Dr, and she was upset I didn't go to labor and delivery as soon as it started. :(

I'm 29 weeks 4 days today. Im going in for testing this morning to confirm I'm alright but they think it's beginning signs of pre eclampsia.

My question is, since I have had this twice now, am I definitely going to have pre eclampsia? :( Can't I do anything to make it stop? Should I like make sure I'm prepared now with a hospital bag? I'm trying not to freak out because my mom and husband are worriers. But my Dr was not happy that the eye stuff lasted for two hours yesterday and she was really serious about it. So now I'm worried a lot. Is pre eclampsia inevitable or do some women get the high blood pressure or symptoms but go on to be normal and full term?

Sorry for writing so much! I'm just super worried. :( :(

sounds like pre-e to mee but dont worry if they catch it early they will take good care of you xx

Hi hun, I had pre e, eclampsia & hellp with my first. Then all the other pregnancies I just had pre e. You should never ignore those types of symptoms pre eclampsia is very serious & I would pack a bag this early in pregnancy pre e is very very serious & also be fatal. I'm meaning to scare. Sorry if I have done that. If you go on to be eclamptic & fit you & baby could die. I had a eclamptic fit with my first not nice. Good luck Hun. I hope it's something else & not pre e xx

Could it be a migraine with visual aura? I've had them sporadically since puberty but some people get them just during pregnancy. They're terrifying when you don't know what they are. Some people see spots, some people have blurred vision, some lose half their vision... Some people get headaches with them and some don't. And normally during pregnancy my blood pressure is nice and low but if I'm having a migraine, it skyrockets.

Could it be a migraine with visual aura? I've had them sporadically since puberty but some people get them just during pregnancy. They're terrifying when you don't know what they are. Some people see spots, some people have blurred vision, some lose half their vision... Some people get headaches with them and some don't. And normally during pregnancy my blood pressure is nice and low but if I'm having a migraine, it skyrockets.

Totally agree it could well be migraines. Hun.. I hope it is. Should still checked for protein tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->