Pre eclampsia

gemstone

mother
Reaction score
Hi ladies, this is my 4th baby(6th pregnancy) with 2 losses. I have had severe pre eclampsia, eclampsia & hellp with the first. Had seizures. I went on the get it in every pregnancy since. I'm wondering what are the odds of my getting it a 4th time? Anyone know?
Got my consultant in the 2nd so I'll ask.. Anyone else in the same boat??

not in the same boat, but didn't want to read and run.
not an expert but if you've had it in all your other pregnancies chances are your likely to get it again this time, that being said you may be lucky and not get it at all this time, but i'm sure they'll keep a close eye on you and watch out for any signs of it happening again.

I've been told you are more likely to get it having had it previously.
I had eclampsia (so after the birth) and am on pre eclampsia watch now, I take daily aspirin and have my blood pressure checked every two weeks.
Hope you don't get it this time.

I ended up with it very late in my last pregnancy and hoping I don't get it again this time. Mind you I've had my first episode of vision loss (starts with a blurry dot then covers the whole eyes) which I think is a sign. Fingers crossed this pregnancy is different and you avoid it. Have you had any symptoms yet?

Thanks ladies, only real symptom I have just now is swelling. Sometimes the headaches are bad too. I know if I get my epi gastric pain to worry. I tend to get my pre-e after about 28weeks. So I'm not really concerned right now. I know if I feel not quite right I will go in. My legs have been a nightmare too twitching and jumping drives me mad. So we will see how it goes

I had preclampsia with my first, 2nd it was creeping. But this time under a new consultant they've put me on aspirin to prevent it happening xx

I had preclampsia with my first, 2nd it was creeping. But this time under a new consultant they've put me on aspirin to prevent it happening xx

I'm not allowed to take the aspirin. I take steroids for my asthma. Which already thins the blood. My consultant said no aspirin 😕. Glad all seems to be ok for you this time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->