Pre loved prices

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
I have had some trouble of late with how much I should be paying for preloved nappies, more so ones ive never used.

I thought itd be good to start a thread maybe to discuss this and ask peoples opinions before taking the plunge?

Im normally quite good at offers etc but having never used flips I think i got a bit a bum deal tonight so thought a thread like this might be helpful :flower:

as I said in the Flip thread....

you can pm me anytime you like for advice, I get email alerts when im sent a pm on here so can usually get to it pretty quick :thumbup:

That goes for any other newbies...im going to be an advisor soon hopefully so its good practice

:flower:

Oh yey! Thats great. I warn you though, as a fluff addict that phone of yours may be going off often :haha:

I would expect to get no more thn 70% of the retail price, if they are brand new, and no more than 50% if they have been used, or have been washed, but are in tip top condition.

Don't forget that if someone buys new from a shop or online, there are laws protecting them, concerning returns and guarantees. You don't get this if you're buying 2nd hand, so you can't expect to get anything like the retail price if you're selling nappies privately, even if they are still wrapped.

^ agree with the above, although WNs and Itti's seem to keep over 50% of their value when pre-loved....

itti's usally go for £9/£10 and are £13 new....you've got to factor in postage and fees as well, even then...these seem to come out on top :thumbup:

i think a big issue with preloved pricing is that whilst one price might be good value from someone who has looked after their nappies really well, it might not be so good from someone who hasn't - it's very difficult to tell from a description or even photos as to their real condition

also you need to factor in whether it includes postage and pp fees etc when comparing prices

I'm always careful about Flips second hand anyway as so many people bought them on the BOGOF deal at the start and then sold them at £10 each...[not just here but on CNT etc]

I buy my Itti's new generally as dont really see the difference in a few quid, I dont understand why they sell for so much secondhand?

Other than that 50% - 70% of the retail price is what I pay.

This is interesting as I am never sure either. Mybe we could have this as an advice thread? Lol Blue_Pumpkin I'm always sending Twiggy messages! xx

what I tend to do is google the nappy name and then see how much they are new then base my offer on that and the condition the nappies look in :)

It's always a gamble buying pre-loved cloth nappies. People tend to use EUC, VGUC, etc. but what that means varies to each person. What may be EUC to them might be only VGUC to someone else. That in turn affects how much the nappy is worth. When buying pre-loved I think it's best to ask the seller specific questions about the nappy which might be a concern with that particular brand.

Also, unless the seller specifies they are open to offers, I tend not to because I think it annoys them. I might be wrong though! It depends how comfortable you are or if you know this person well enough. I have done some silly things in the past & I'm learning as I go along :blush:

offers is really good if as a seller, it needs shifting quick OR if the thread has been around a while....then you can get a bargain as a buyer.

In my view you'v got nothing to lose...iv had gorgeous nappies put up on CNT and people offer me pennies for them....I obviously reject it but cant knock em' for trying...

I don't mind offers myself :flower: If it's sensible enough I take it on board but if its rather silly I politely decline & kind of explain why.

I'm just more mindful when I'm the one who's on the other side :)

I'm always careful about Flips second hand anyway as so many people bought them on the BOGOF deal at the start and then sold them at £10 each...[not just here but on CNT etc]

I buy my Itti's new generally as dont really see the difference in a few quid, I dont understand why they sell for so much secondhand?

Other than that 50% - 70% of the retail price is what I pay.

That sent me mad - i hate people that sell them to make money :( Even as a fill your pants nappy guru i don't make money on my sales!!

I always price mine on the lower end of whateveryone elses prices are so that i know they will sell lol!! If i get something preloved but don't get on with it i sell it for the same or maybe a £ less than i paid x

Personally I don't mind people selling things on for a profit if they bought them on an offer. You make so many losses on nappies that I think it's ok to make a bit of profit here and there, and the people who are buying them are still normally getting a good deal i.e. cheaper than they would pay new. I don't see why nappies are different to anything else really... and you won't find many people selling their house or car on for less than they paid if they can make a profit!!!

It's slightly different if you've bought preloved from somebody you know, because then there's an element of passing on savings and helping somebody out and it would feel mean to make a profit if somebody has sold you something cheap as a favour/mates rates. Still though, I don't think it's wrong as such, especially if it's somebody you don't know so they haven't done you a favour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->