Pre-pregnancy body?

Chel

Reaction score
Who's bodies went back to 'normal' and how long did it take?

I put on practically no weight of my own during pregnancy and so I'm nearly back to my pre-pregnancy weight and bub is 19 days olds... but my whole belly area looks VERY different.

I've got a bit of a over-hanging flap of left over skin (its not terrible, but very clearly obvious I've had a baby) and also a fairly firm 'bump' underneath my very softened tummy flesh... My 'bump' looks a little like it did when I was about 16weeks pregnant and had first started to show.... is this the uterus still shrinking back?

Do these things sort themselves out? or is it something a million tummy crunches will fix?

I'm not sure how old your LO is, but I would say it does take time and in some instances it will never go back to how it was. What was normal then is in the past, They way you are about 12months PP should be seen as normal for you :) My LO is 16 weeks and my tummy is still saggy and horrible, I have lost all the weight but I know my tummy will not go back to how it was without surgery (because the skin loses its elasticity and can't get itself back to how it was).

I'm so afraid my stomach is going to be left like Kate's from Jon and Kate Plus 8 after her sextuplets, lol. And all the people I know that have kids have nasty "mom bodies", but then again they all have several.. so I honestly have no idea what to expect for my own body :( :(

I'm back to my pre-preg minus a little "pouch" that I've read comes with a c-section. I'll still never let anyone see me with my shirt off again though due to stretchmarks! Bear in mind though that I wasn't happy with my pre-preg either so I'm still disgusted with myself.

Im still not bad to normal... I was in super physical condition before I got pregnant and I had alot of muscle... I only gained about 20 lbs, but, all the muscle I had has turned to fat, so my arms are huge, legs etc... So I kind if have extra weight to lose I think. Im not riding 8 horses like before I was preggo, so I will never get that much muscle back...

I was super skinny before I got pregnant. I use to be really fit as well, was jogging everyday, eating well etc.

I gained 60 lbs while pregnant and I lost 50 odd lbs within 3-4month. Though I did crash dieting, which is not healthy at all, but to me it was the only way of loosing as much weight as possible before summer (bikini season). I also did pilates which helped a lot too.

Now I'm still 5-10 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight and even though I do pilates, I still can't get rid of the pouch. :dohh::hissy:

Good luck hun!

I was really fit and skinny pre-pregnancy too.Ggained about 40lbs while pregnant and the first 25 just melted straight off as I don't have much of an apetite and I'm very active.
Now I've started swimming once a week to help with the stubborn last 15 lbs that just won't come off! :hissy:

I dont care about the weight so much as how my body looks... My legs and butt still look good, its just my arms and stomach that seem to be holding the pudge.

Although ive started doing more work on my horse, and I can feel my stomach and back getting a bit more toned.

I've kinda had to do a super diet too, it sucks cause before I used to be able to eat all the bread and noodles etc that I wanted... and now I cant eat much that way, so I feel hungry eating healthy food.... lol

i weigh less now than i did before i got pregnant, but i have a hernia which i had repaired as a child but i think the stretching of my tummys made it pop again, instead of having a little pouch at the bottom of my tummy like a normal mummy tummy i have a weird lump above my belly button...

I also don't know what to expect post-pregnancy. I've been reading so much online but everywhere says different things!

If you look after your body during pregnancy then you will most definately see the results post pregnancy. I exercised 6-7 days a week whilst pregnant, i consumed as much food as my body craved, but i ate reasonably healthy and not lots of junk food.

I gained about 28lbs, but my tummy was flatish again 7 days after. I think that breastfeeding admittedly helped, but i only was able to do that for 3 weeks. (my baby has kidney failure, so has to have special milk).

I ate sensibly and exercised as much as possible, when i wasn't completely exhausted. And with a little dedication you will be back in shape. It takes 9 months to put the weight on so don't expect miracles and for it to just disapear.

Your babies health is the main thing and if you are breastfeeding you definately shouldn't cut back the calories,,,,,you need them.

My last pregnancy photo, an hour before giving birth:

https://i42.tinypic.com/293yamx.jpg

Now:

https://i43.tinypic.com/x927n.jpg

good luck ladies xxx

My body actually got tighter and smaller after birth. I would say in a months time I was looking pretty shapely. The way your stomach looks afterwards has a LOT to do with genetics though.

Unless your tall and therefore dont get a really big bump, I dont think it will ever go back without surgery. I'm really short (5'-5'1") and therefore had a HUGE HUGE HUGE bump (plus a 10pounder in there!) and although I had lost all but 5-10lbs within the first 4month I still have extra skin there. I never got any stretch marks but I had some "wrinkles" from where the skin stretched, and once it's stretched thats it.. no turning back.
Having a kid is the best thing in the world, and even though I wish I wasn't a 20 year old with a "mom" belly (I'll never wear a bikini around people again) I wouldn't trade the experience and LOVE for any other belly in the world.

It's been 1 week & 3 days now and I am slimmer than I was pre-preg. It's wierd?

My stomach is still wobbly and needs to shrink abit more yet, but I am happy with my body now strangely?! :lol:

I'm tall and didn't get a really huge bump. My lower tummy is still a little softer than I would like, but I pretty much look like I did pre-pregnancy (except with bigger boobies and many more stretchmarks). I'm even a little smaller, because I'm already 10 lb lighter than I was pre-preg (only gained 21 lb during pregnancy), probably because I'm BFing.

I have lost all of my baby weight that I put on when I was pg (22lbs) but when i first got pg I wasn't at my slimmest I have been so still got lots to lose. My tummy is still different all stretchmarky and wobbly but I haven't dieted or exercised yet so hopefully that will come off!!! lol x x

My body is pretty much back to normal now too, just with a few stretchmarks. The weight has come off a lot quicker than i thought and just over a week after giving birth i only have about 10lbs left to shift but it is going.

Well I have actually put weight on (after losing for the first 2 weeks), not eating any more than before and during pregnancy and I am moving around more as in the last 2 months of preg I couldn't move as much as too tired and too swollen. I have had to buy a pair of jeans as NONE of my trousers fit!!!! It got to me a bit so have just bought a stepper, so going to start using it and see if it helps. We live in a one storey so don't even get to go upstairs for fitness. My weight now is 69 kgs, at 4 months preg I was 66 so you see why I'm a little ticked off!!!!!!!! At least I weigh less than when I was 9 months preg, but I have noticed that my thighs and back side are bigger than the final month of pregnancy!!!!!!!!!!! AND even though my feet aren't swollen anymore, my right boots are too tight, so can't even get back in my favorite boots. I think it makes a difference with age, I am 38 1/2 (the half makes a difference) and have found it harder to keep in shape since I went past 35 and I was dancing a few times a week and on my feet all day.

I gained 41 lbs when I was pregnant with Hunter. My stomach was HUGE. At 6 weeks postpartum I was back to 96 lbs, I'm 5'2''ish. I only got stretch marks underneath my stomach and on my hips. You can't see them anymore. They are still there ofcourse (everyone has stretch marks, but when you are pregnant the pregnancy hormone is what makes them purple/blue. But not every pregnant woman will get purple ones, some are skin colored or white). I do a lot of yoga, so my stomach is also back to pre-pregnancy.

Within a couple of weeks I looked back to my prepreg weight, but took a few extra weeks for the last 2kgs to come off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->