Pre-pregnancy weight!

tubs

Reaction score
Just wondering how long it took for most of you to get back to your pre preggo weight! My baby is only 6 weeks so I'm bit putting any pressure on myself just yet. Dying to wear my normal clothes again. I'm still in track suit bottoms and t shirts. I don't want to waste money on new clothes as I intend to be a smaller size!
Thoughts?

i got back down to my prepregnancy weight fairly quick (considering i put on 45lbs) about 3-4mths pp but my jeans didnt fit rite. I had that baby belly i guess (not tone still kind of flabby).. now at 9mths pp i still only wear my jogging pants and comphy shorts 99% of the time bc im uncomfortable running after my 2 los in them.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself. 6 weeks is nothing. I would give yourself at least the same amount of time that it took you to put it on, so 9 months.

I was lucky. I put on about 2 stone when pregnant and was 7.5 stone two weeks after giving birth. So, I was about 1/2 a stone under my pre pregnancy weight. I've put that back on now though and I did still have a flabby stomach for a couple of months.

I don't think I'll ever go back to my pre pregnancy weight tbh, bit I don't particularly mind because maybe if I'm this weight when I have my next the midwives/consultants will leave me alone!

I wouldn't put Too much pressure on yourself to get back to pre pregnancy weight, as long as your a healthy weight it doesn't really matter :)

My last pregnancy I gained 75 pounds. I was huge! Normally a very slim gal. It took 9 months for me to be under my pre pregnancy weight and fit properly in all my clothes. By 4 months pp I had only 10 pounds to go but it takes time for bones to shrink back ( pelvis, back shoulders). So by 9 months everything had shrunk back and I was rocking my body again. Hoping it happens quickly again this time! Xx

It took me a year to get near to but not quite my pre-pregnancy weight.
But I only started dieting at ten months as I made excuse after excuse! Take it easy for at least six weeks and then you can start some gentle exercise, and of course there is no harm in starting healthy eating right away, but don't put too much pressure on yourself :)

With my first i put on about 2 1/2 stone or so and it took maybe 7-8 months to get back into my tinnest jeans.

This time i put on 2 stone i think (running after a 2 year old) and at 16 weeks pp i'm only a couple of lbs over... cuurrently making to effort to lose it. I was back in my old clothing in just a few weeks and lost most of it the first 6-8 weeks.

shows each time is different cause neither time have i dieted or done set excersise.

I was 5lbs under at my one month check up, and 15lbs under at the 3 month mark. I found that counting calories (you're more aware of what you're consuming and think twice before loading up on the junk food) and walking for 45 minutes a day does wonders!

I have been back to nearly pre pregnancy weight for 4 weeks (have a kilo and a half to lose) but have loose skin on belly and flabby thighs. Need to start exercising ASAP. Also want to lose a bit more as was 3 kilos more than my normal weight pre pregnancy so overall have 4.3 kilos to lose.

Lo is 6.5 weeks old.

With my first two it took 9 months or so with no diet/ exercise just breastfeeding. With this one I am still nearly 2 stone over my pre preg weight! He is only 2 weeks tho so will just feed and do lots of walking for now. I plan to start back at the gym in 4-6 wks xx

i lost 20 lbs while still in the hospital - then at 2 weeks (1 week after my milk came in..yes it took a week for my milk to come in) i gained 10 of it back and it's stayed that way.

it's a bummer and i've almost gone to the hospital trying to diet and exercise my way back to being thin. my doctors told me i'm apparently one of the unlucky ones, that instead of helping me lose weight, breastfeeding actually makes me retain weight.

i eat healthy, i'm active, and i'm still overweight. my thyroid is healthy my bloodwork is perfect, my pressure is perfect. but i'm lactating. so i'm still heavier than i'd like to be. it's worth it but it can be hard especially when people make comments about how once baby is born some moms let themselves go. um no, i've made myself physically sick trying to get skinny again! it just isn't happening while my body is lactating.

i'll get back to my smaller sizes later...right now it's all about my kid.

2 wks pp I am 5 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Have the tummy and healing from a c section....... is that even normal?? I gained 30 through the pregnancy...

It took me about 2 weeks to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but that isn't normal. I only gained 15 lbs during pregnancy and my baby was small - 6 lbs 2 oz. Every woman and every pregnancy is different, so there isn't much use comparing yourself to others.

I am back at my pre-preg weight at 4 weeks pp. I had a lot of complications though and a d&c last week so I'm pretty sure that contributed... I'm not toned at all though but have no plans of exercise in the near future...

I gained 30 lbs in total and just under 2 weeks pp, I have 8lbs to go. I've not done anything as I had a c section but I do breast feed and have to run around after the other kids too so that probably contributed! Never lost it this fast with the other kids though! X

Oh gosh. At 6 weeks, I still looked super pregnant. I put on 50lbs and had a massive belly as my son was nearly 9lbs and hung out at the front most of the time lol. :) I just gained all over though. A lot of it was water because 10 came off within a week, then the next 20 just melted off in the first 3 months.

I hit my "official" pre-pregnancy weight around 6 months and now I've lost a couple more pounds but I haven't been eating well so now I have no butt. Enjoy the post-pregnancy butt, seriously. Hahaha. :)

But really. I have always had weight issues and self esteem... uncertainties, but I wish I had cared less about that in the beginning and just focused more on being healthy and happy. I'm almost 8 months PP now. The beginning months are so rough but they fly by, in all honesty.

I still need to work on toning my belly/thighs but I'm not even worried right now. I only worked out for a couple months (about month 3 and 4) and did one video 5 days a week called "Standing Ab Exercises", much gentler than crunches, and I did the "squats challenge" the next month. Can't remember specifics but they should be easy to find on google. :D Both worked amazingly well and I lost over 15lbs in that time.

I always write too much but. Lol. In short. Give yourself time. Try to focus on health rather than weight loss. :) My goal was to be "back" by Halloween this year and I met it early without toooo much worrying or any crazy diets or exercise. The body knows what to do if you take care of it!

I gained 35 lbs and lost it all by 2 months. It's been 4 months now and I'm 4 lbs less than I was pp :)

1 week post partum I was back to pre-preg weight. I was very stressed though, so that may have had a play in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->