Pre-prepared veg - how long does it keep?

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Earl is a little way off yet but I'm a right penny pincher and I'm just wondering if it would be worth me starting to freeze left over veggies and meals for him to eat later on. Tonight for example, we're having stirfry. I know for a fact there will be some blanched brocolli left over, so can I freeze it and it still be ok in about 8 weeks time? Or should I wait until we start properly?

Thanks

Are you doing BLW or tw ?
If you are doing BLW there isnt much pont in frezzing it as you give what you are having at the time. If you are doing tw puree it down with a bit of water put in ice cube trays and frezze then put in frezzer bags they will keep for 3 months

Thanks - At the moment the decision is out of my hands lol. But that has answered my question. :thumbup:

Hmm, I never did BLW but sometimes it seems people are so strict in their comments about it!

Surely even if you are doing BLW there WILL be some occasions when the family meal just isn't suitable and the baby eats something else, or you are going out to eat..all sorts of reasons occur when the baby can't eat what the family are having!?

So maybe not right now, but you could start to freeze things closer to the time like that, if you don't want to waste it.

Personally it is not something I do - mainly becuase I prefer to batch freeze so I know the date to use by, whereas I run the risk of freezing things and not knowing how long they were in there..obviously dating the pots would work if you wanted to though! :)

Thanks - my thought exactly. I kind of thought that there would be some form of use for them, even if it's just like you say, if we have a chinese or something.

I always write on the bag/pot what's in and when.

:thumbup: Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"