Pre-Seed Lubricant..does it help???

The important thing to realise about any so called TTC lubricant, is that they can help......and they can hinder!

Your natural CM does 2 jobs.

1/ It acts pretty much as a ladder to allow :spermy: to climb/swim to where they need to be, and if you don't have much natural EWCM, then using an artificial one can be a bonus, as it will help them get there. However, don't automatically assume that you don't have much natural if you are just going off an external view, so to speak.....most women have bucketloads if they know how to check properly internally. There's also a gazillion ways to naturally improve your CM and I'd most certainly try these before turning to an artificial replacement.

2/ Your natural CM also acts as a filter to the dodgy sperm getting through. I've been through RMC testing in 3 hospitals and at 2 of them, by pretty top FS guys, I've been told to use the bare minimum of it that I need, as removing that natural filter, does increase the potential miscarriage rate.

Now last time I posted that, I had a million girls all panicking through their 2ww, that they had somehow damaged their potential baby, and that is NOT the case.....the fact is that every fella has some dodgy swimmers and if one of those is the successful chappy, then that LO is unlikely to make it past the first few weeks anyway. It's not a definite, but it does mean a few more pregnancies' per 100 will be unsuccesful. However, in the right circumstances in can increase your chance, so for somepeople the odds will be increased....however for some the opposite will be true!

So, yes, if you do need a little help...use sparingly.....and externally! But if you don't, then I personally, don't fancy raising my risk level of another MC even higher.

And please.....don't get overly carried away by all that you read on the manufacturer's websites.....it's all very cleverly worded to make the product very attractive to us! They rather niftily forget the downsides!!

All that said....I do currently use the tiniest touch of Conceive plus.....I've recently had surgery (medical - not cosmetic!) that makes entry rather hard for my rather large OH:blush: so I need just a little help. Having tried & researched throughly Preseed, Zestica and now this, it seems the best of a bad bunch, if you see what I mean!!

Just popped over from 3rd tri (by accident really) but had to respond to this thread. Preeseed didn't work for me but Concieve Plus from Boots worked first time! (I swear it was this!!) Used as appeared to be producing virtually no ewcm myself. It also worked for a friend of mine, great stuff!!! Was ttc for 8 months.

Preseed is a sperm friendly lube. you hear of couples trying for months some years. they try this and they fall pg within a cpl of mths. It helps sperm to live longer. Ideal for those with very little CM, or CM that only lasts a day. Worth a go - not cheap though.

We're trying it because DH has 'sluggish sperm' - am hoping that Conceive + will help them on their way!

I asked DH to apply the Conceive+ last night as it hurt when I moved (fell over in my silly crocs yesterday & bruised & scraped all down my right side but refused to miss out on a day's BDing!)
REALLY bad plan - he put way too much in, then kept slipping out & took ages to come (wouldn't normally be a complaint but I was in pain!) - so yes my advice is just use a bit & don't let DH measure the amount!!!

applied pre seed last night for the 1st time.
feel extra *aahhhh* for me and hubby.:happydance:
wet and slippery...
hopefully the :spermy: will swim swim swim 2gether with the pre seed!!!!!!

I was on my first cycle of clomid and ordered a 3 pack of pre-seed. I also used OPK's and used the pre-seed when I got a pos OPK. My dh has a very low sperm count and I got pregnant. So I am not sure if it was the Clomid or the Pre-seed but we were trying for over a year without any assistance and nothing happened.

i used preseed for the first time this month and the day after i got a bad yeast infection :-( -- i think i used too much...

I did many things the month that I actually conceived, and pre-seed was one of them.
OH and I loved it!
It made sex much more enjoyable!
I used it because I had an issue producing EWCM.
They now sell pre-seed at some CVS pharmacies and other local pharmacies!
:thumbup:

I am confident it worked for me - the first month of using it and would highly recommend it.

failed for the 1st mth trying....
hoping for the 2nd mth....:baby:

I believe that it worked for me... I tried for a little while and the first month using pre seed I managed to conceive.... yes it may have been coincidental but i think it helped. I have some problems though with lubrication so that was why I wanted to try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->